My build progress

Messy?! Positively immaculate compared to my monstrosities. I would post more pictures and ask “what do you think is wrong with this?” with some of my builds, but I have the sinking suspicion the answers will inevitably be “Check your wiring”. And rightfully so!

2 Likes

I check my Envelope Follower and i inverted 2 wires : Trigger out and Env out :roll_eyes:.
Everything is ok now, i tested it with mic, synth, rythm box : excellent.
thx @EddyBergman for this good module :wink:

4 Likes

I made a companion amplifier board to one of my B914 filter banks and re-utilized a 14x op-amp amplifier board I had already made but replaced the pots with fixed resistors. I piggy backed it to the B914 using a frame I 3D-printed which I could fasten using the screw which were already part of the B914. Originally I thought I’d use pin headers to make connections to and from the PCB I designed, but later I decided to use a 16 head connector instead.

6 Likes

I have drums now. Its still a bit rough lookin, i was missing an LED mounting clip and I mis-drilled something. Ill clean it up later. I’m just stoked everything worked first try. Im a firm beleiver in showing mistakes.

It only took me about a year to get off my ass and actually build this thing. It was a breeze!

Thanks @lookmumnocomputer for the build vid.

12 Likes

awesome! I love the DIY OBERHEIM front panel vibe :smiley:

3 Likes

I add the Positivizer to the Dual Quantizer to have only positive signal on the CV in, because the Quantizer does not take into account the negative voltage.

more about that here

7 Likes

I love that this thing looks like a spider from the 5th dimension.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Remember these? From one of my favorite movies as a kid :slight_smile: Can you name the movie?

Menacing-gadgets

2 Likes

Tom selic film … wasn’t it?

1 Like

Three men and a baby?

2 Likes

I made some sounds!!!

Not the sounds I wanted, but hey, it’s a start! Filter seems to be… mostly working. Drum has a persistent 503Hz noise while it’s in an “off” state and the drum frequencies are way too high.

In both I used capacitors that are way, way, way overrated for the task. Could that have something to do with it?

4 Likes

Overrated caps on low power circuits do behave oddly… and now for the physics. Anyone?

1 Like

well at least there is noise and not smoke thats a good start .

2 Likes

Spider? You’re doing it wrong, it’s supposed to look like a dog!

7 Likes

Built the GRR. Love the sound! Its nice to have a VCA in some form finally, even if thats only tacked on. This thing really pulls a lot of duty.

Case is getting more full. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Should have my GRR finished this week, just waiting on a trimpot!

2 Likes

I added Mix-O-Matic, a simple mixer to the setup to add up the signals from the Doepfer A130-8 VCA-arrays completing my analog 14 band vocoder:

I only needed 2 inputs for the mixer, but thought, in future I might need some more or use it elsewhere, so … I ended up with 7 inputs and a mix and an inverted mix output.

5 Likes

The best Tom Selleck Movie ever ! I loved it , it reminds me everytime at Stargate and the replicants :wink:

By the way in german its “Runaway - Spinnen des Todes” trnslt. Runaway - spiders of death

1 Like

Beautiful ! the 14 (!!!) envelope follower fascinates me :slightly_smiling_face: