My build progress

Today I started to build a Steiner Parker filter on a circuit board that I got as a gift. It is the Yusynth circuit.
image image

Then something was missing and I switched off the soldering iron and built a small double stand for my Volcas, I have a Volca sample and will get another Volca key in the next few days. When he arrives, he will have a nice place immediately :wink:
77466-b4d4a94d1308be08e3f2eb9654d7559e.jpg 77468-a7aba7574451b7ea7a88aeb616d87d0c.jpg 77469-7c8cbb2ead6fbe91e620ab83c6bb55fe.jpg 77471-db567bf7e71d9457c79f9bb265fbce1c.jpg 77470-adf168811c55e217e4147a7e1bc07d6d.jpg
At the moment I’m not so flashed by my modular anymore, the small finished boxes are just a little more fun for me. Perhaps the step to start with a modular one was too many. Especially when it doesn’t work as it should.

Nevertheless, because I only have 2 inputs on my audio interface, I also need effects for the finished synths. And I would like to continue building it myself. Do you have some good tips for me, especially for GOOD delays and reverbs, distortion and everything else you need. Preferably with a link to a stripboard layout.

Cheers
THOGRE

8 Likes

Looks great. Watch those edges as they chip and wear easily

Coming together…
Realised I had a pair of plague bearers in a box that never sounded right when running my audio through them. Obviously they are meant to be blasted by a modular!
So I quickly whipped a module up with one.

It’ll be full really soon

8 Likes

I still plan to paint or oil it. I’m not quite sure yet, it should look something like this

7 Likes

Built my black @analogoutput Gate Grinder. Took the opportunity to use some oversize switches I had lying around. They are super satisfying to use:

V1 versus v2:

10 Likes

I have that same preamp! That setup is awesome, i love that case!

3 Likes

Love a big switch. “Ka-chunk”
I have a couple of 1920‘s knife switches I want to use in a synth but I’ve only used them so far for rockets and fireworks.

3 Likes

Hi,
so how is the second version working ?
It says “Latest versions in the repository contain untested modifications; see tagged releases for verified versions.”
Because I ordered the latest version… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

YAY, Thonk seem to have changed their closure slightly so they are taking UK orders with a 15% discount too! But delayed delivery.

Rob

1 Like

Thanks,
Unfortunately I had to remove the latches for the lid, they protruded 5mm into each side of the case.
At least I can carry it from home to the studio.

1 Like

No - They should not be there - Still trying to sus out all of the wiring with a friend.
There is VCA circuitry but she is just droning away - Trying to figure out the the on/off aspect -
A couple of us think that this was before Peter fine tuned everything to allow for dead silence when not touching the Piezos or Scroll buttons.

Right now the Piezos create an unwanted HUMMMMMM and Click every so often but then function properly when 2 of the scroll buttons are held -

A little more to add to the challenge is that these are not “my” board conversions - So I am not as intimate with this circuit lol.

@Bitnik - I usually start with one section - one quadrant of a build at a time - since a lot of ciat-lonbarde stuff repeats the same oscillators and control functions over in pairs, or multiples through a lot of his circuits.
He seems to use a lot of the same theories or ideas from project to project. - sometimes with different functions.

It is nice to have an established community in a couple other Forum Spaces where we all talk about ciat-lonbarde :slight_smile:

4 Likes

maybe a vactrol ? (more carrrrrr…))

2 Likes

Peter does not use Vactrols :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished a VCA 1181, with colored jacks. I must say, it’s a pleasure to assemble and solder Sam’s PCAs.

10 Likes

Works exactly the same, but with trimmers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guess I need to update the text…

The ms20 is finally racked.

The powers that be recommended I build the mixer next.

So far just cut the panel, drilled holes (incorrectly), and installed hardware.

Shockingly, no blood was spilled all evening.

I’m going to work off of Sam’s schematic for the 1163 mini mixer, and will attempt to use some plated through hole protoboard I got off Amazon.

I don’t have any TL072s handy. Is there any reason I shouldn’t use an lm358p?

5 Likes

The LM358 seems perfectly fine !

2 Likes

Seems to be fine swapping in a 358 for a 72 but not the other way around in my experience?

2 Likes

2 lovely KA-CHUNK’s !! Maaaybe a little overkill for a module, the plan is to install them in my steampunk conservatory somewhere.

10 Likes