My build progress

OBA built.

7 Likes

What 808 schem? Eventually I’d like to do the whole shebang

3 Likes

My boards arrived few days ago. Assembled the VCO and found some small issues I am currently debugging. Overall pretty good for a first prototype, no magic smoke or anything :smiley:

14 Likes

they look awesome , hopefully your " issues " are minor and these work out for you .

3 Likes

I saw you post these on reddit yesterday! Love them!

3 Likes

good work…

3 Likes

My latest iteration of the Cheap Step Pro Boards are on there way from JLC, a few revisons on them. There’s also more ideas in the pipeline for the CSP.

Still got the last two LMNK boards to build, and the Bouncing Ball on the way.

2 Likes

I’m using a slightly modified version of the slightly modified version (by Juanito Moore) of the original kick/bass drum:

5 Likes

by curiosity, what have you modified on the Juanito’s version ?
i see you add a gate in

Not much really, I didn’t have 500k pots so I used a 1M one and a resistor for the decay. Also I used the 4th opamp as an output buffer.
By the way, I used 18nF caps instead of 15nF, and it’s a bit too much resonant.

3 Likes

Tetrazzi Organus Testing.

9 Likes

With such complex circuits, do you have any established ways of testing? Do you know when you start out how a correctly functioning board will operate?

6 Likes

I’m wondering whether the low frequency thuds should be audible? They are audible at the start of a change in the buzzing’s pitch so might be caused by some reset / sequence® mechanisme. Should this be bleeding into the audio? I like the buzzing, b.t.w.

Ahhh Poo… ( no not the shopkeeper from the simpsons. )

Thonk is closed for Christmas,
I need a B1M for the OBA, and 3 B100’s for the Bounce :frowning:

Thankfully whilst looking over the GRRRRR, I noted it needs LM13700. Thinking I had some, I looked through my IC draw (I only have 1.5 available draws for all IC’s ) and did not find any. I checked my Manifest list and it had them listed (although no quantitys are populated yet) went back to the draw and had a nother look and there they were. :slight_smile:
So I can do the GRRR.

3 Likes

Absolutely no progress on builds. Been stuck in bed. But my youngest helped me do an IC stocktake and found a box from my pedal fx days… Any ideas for over 30 PT2399s and several complete sets of logic ic’s?

2 Likes

I have B1M and B100´s but sadly no LM13700 for my MFOS dual Log/Lin VCA :frowning:

1 Like

yep payed some money on the card and turned around and spent it getting bits for the 1/2 dozen pcb’s I have gotten recently . and they will all be sitting until stuff shows up . guess I could finish all the stuff that is half done that I do have parts for .

2 Likes

Blockquote

finished these tonight !

Hey this is exactly my upcoming order!

6 Likes

a straight forward build . the only thing for me was figuring out the jacks . if you are using 6.3 mm jacks [ 1/4 " ] it will be no time before you are making Kosmo noise .

3 Likes

Added a bus board and on/off switch to the playset today.

@d42kn355 if you do another run of these, let me know.

11 Likes