My build progress

Those are wonderful! You have to use one to bring in a bank of sub oscillators on a slow attack.

1 Like

Yep that’s what I thought too, the 358 seems to have better specs. The only thing is that TL0xx have JFET inputs, which lower significantly the input current. But for most applications, we don’t really care

1 Like

So this is the beginning of my little mixer (Sam’s layout which is the best, extremely simple and swallows EVERYTHING)

Where the Eurorack cable comes out, a Eurorack socket comes in, it was previously a VGA connection, I polished the plastic and the socket just fits in with a little pressure, so perfect.

Before it was a hard drive with ALL of my films, my music and ALL of my FL Studio projects, samples, just EVERYTHING. A few months ago it didn’t go from one day to the next and it can no longer be saved without professional help and a lot of money. Half my life was on this hard drive. Sad, but maybe just a sign to start something new.
The slots in the housing are of course made for a bit of lightshow :slight_smile: . I’ll come up with something nice. Of course there is still plenty of space. Now I’m wondering whether I just add another 4 inputs or maybe add a filter. Do you have some cool suggestions for me?

By the way, I created a thread earlier “The Effects Section” and would like to ask you to post your verified layouts for effects and which ones you have used and already built there.

Cheers
THOGRE

6 Likes

Yay! Someone else who reuses old casings.

Nasty flytip area quite near me is great for old router and TV boxes

2 Likes

Finished this patch panel today:

5 Likes

Just scribbles this evening.

6 Likes

w0op!
colorful nuts on aliexpress

8 Likes

ohhh, may be tempted

1 Like

Decided to knock out a Buss Board design. It’s going to be front panel mounted with a Power switch.

Nothing special… Will do the Front Panel tomorrow as we are having a Lazy day at work before christmas…

4 Likes

May have just bought two sets. Noting it was cheaper postage to purchase one at a time, so I could still choose the $1 postage rather than $5 postage. Come at me nuts!

2 Likes

I am always confused by aliexpress shipping calculations.

3 Likes

Mixer complete.
Had a go with the protoboard. Lovely and compact. Also tried a jack mounted board using a scrap piece of aluminum. Worked well then realized the mounting holes on the protoboard are not 3mm so double sided tape will have to do for now.

Happy Xmas y’all

8 Likes

" Who in their right mind would build a mixer when you can buy a nice small Behringer Mixer for about 40 bucks? I don’t know… probably me…, and maybe some other steely-eyed, hard-core, solder junkie, synth-diy’er that’s who :slight_smile: "
this is taken from Ray Wilsons [ MFOS ] website , the introduction to building his 4 channel stereo panning mixers [ of which I have 3 ]
why do we build it , because we can …

8 Likes

Why, To Learn :wink: and have satisfaction

4 Likes

naaarf
I only have 3.5mm jack sockets :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Pandemic has meant my typical Christmas day with the Outlaws was not occurring so we are at home. Not suffering re-runs of ( Dad’s Army, Two Ronnies, Carry on XYZ , Good Life) They begin to get weary after decades of recycling…

So I have take the time back to continue a few ideas

Done the front panel for the Buss Bar and Titled it the “Big Red Buss” as it will be the usual red colour, it’s big and it’s a Buss… I got sidetracked watching clips of the 1976 “Big Bus” film

And I have been working on a Narrower more space economic ( as space for me is a premium ) version of the Tuner VCO so I can get 5 printed and Have 5 notes… Technicaly it’s more or less the original design although I do need to do that resistor swap.

“Oscar SkipJack”

Few Corrections to Do before printing both sets of PCB and Panel, but it’s time for a large glass of Christmas wine.

3 Likes

Been putting off doing this for way too long!

13 Likes

Great. But … on the other hand you do have one excuse less if some social activity you want to avoid comes up…

Tip of the Day: Keep a drawer of socks in disarray for those occasions.

4 Likes

is that proper Embossed Dymo

I am waiting for Aldi to do their draw sets so I can expand

5 Likes

Yeah, dymo! Love this thing

2 Likes