My build progress

I really like the panel design, very clean crisp, and intuitive.

4 Likes

Audio mixer. So yeah.

12 Likes

Finished the LFO panel today (apart from paint). The step drill made life very easy.

8 Likes

Envelope generator. Assembled, but I won’t try testing it tonight.

11 Likes

@analogoutput that looks great. What ADSR is that? Is there a strip board layout somewhere?

1 Like

I think it’s the Precision ADSR

I prepared a stripboard for the version of Kassutronics but I am waiting to see the mod and add of @analogoutput to maybe add them
:slight_smile:

BTW : “How to loop any envelope

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply. I will have to see if I have all the parts.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the Kassutronics Precision ADSR, but I’ve added stuff for retriggering and looping capability. Details when (if? WHEN) I get it working. (Just got up, still haven’t tested it.)

Later: I am just going to troubleshoot and may be some time.

2 Likes

Finished up my S&H last night, will need to do some troubleshooting. Pots seem to work, all noise outputs work, sample and hold circuit does not.

I had to make a couple of part substitutions due to things being obsolete, so I’m hoping the problem is due to my post-midnight shitty soldering - there were a few sketchy spots when I was looking this morning, but didn’t have time to touch them up before leaving for work this morning.

4 Likes

I’ve prepared some future panels

they are currently drying after painting
during this time I finished assembling my Baby8

a simple circuit on the board but a lot of connections behind :slight_smile:

12 Likes

7 Likes

a module a day keeps the doctor away…

oh wait, this was in another context :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re a module machine!
:relaxed:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t let them tease you, Dud! You make more modules than a dozen of them combined, fancy wiring doesn’t sound any better!

Put the original Wah-Wah pedal circuit from ElectroSmash on a breadboard today and it actually sounds incredible as a synth filter. Would anybody be interested in a PCB of that?

7 Likes

Absolutely no disrespect to @Dud intended! I’ve made one or two spaghetti sequencers myself.

6 Likes

Getting there!

Looping’s not working yet, but I’ll save that for another day.

5 Likes

Have you seen that ?

1 Like

This morning the panels for the Ring Mod, the VCDO Additive and the Utility (2 positivizer, 1 glide, 2 attenuverter) were dry :slight_smile:

Now no more wood for panels and i need to buy some standoffs

3 Likes

Yes! Please do that!! And share some sound! :slight_smile:

BTW: is a wah really just a bandpass?

1 Like

This one?

https://www.electrosmash.com/vox-v847-analysis

Or this?

https://www.electrosmash.com/crybaby-gcb-95

Both do indeed appear to be a resonant bandpass, non voltage controlled. Both use an apparently elusive inductor.

1 Like