Music share thread - Share your work!

The blue light on (what I assume is) that VCA is just hypnotic! Here’s what I did tonight under the same circumstances (only replace whiskey with brewing my own ginger beer.):

I can’t decide if that resolution ting is in tune or not now. Pitfall of recording to a two track with multiple headphones I guess.

5 Likes

Drum Drone.

6 Likes

This is a little bit of a different share. It’s presale for an upcoming vinyl release of mine. Two old, but remastered, tracks with two new remixes:

5 Likes

another track :

7 Likes

Really dig this one dude!

1 Like

thanks a lot Caustic !

2 Likes

This is me noodling with the Rock Band keyboard in wireless mode, feeding MIDI to the Crave via my laptop. I named my patch Krell because it sounds a bit like the sound effects in the scenes of Forbidden Planet where Morbius shows the captain and the doctor the vast underground complex left behind by the race he calls The Krell.

The laptop translates the wireless commands from the Rock Band keyboard to MIDI and forwards them to the Crave over the USB connection using my genius son’s open source driver. The sound is sent from the Crave to a cheap Bluetooth speaker in AUX mode. You can see how I can alternate use of the Rock Band 3 keyboard and the Crave keyboard, which I set to different octaves. I switch octaves on the Rock Band 3 keyboard during the session, though you may notice that I fumble and press the wrong buttons at first. I’m very happy with the latency of this setup, which runs on my old ThinkPad in Windows 10.

This is my first attempt to post a Google video to a forum. I hope it works.

4 Likes

Okay, that didn’t work so I uploaded it to YouTube.

Here’s a photograph of the patch:

5 Likes

"NERDFIGHTERS, GO!"

A synthwave/disco tune I got tired of mixing so it’s a little muddy and imperfect. Video is just something to make it so I can put it on youTube.

All Behringer tones! RD-8 drums, Model D bass, Neutron is first lead and Crave is harmony/second lead/wind. Great Neutron story-I did the initial comp using VST instruments and the Neutron line was originally the Prophet VS from Arturia. I did my best to copy a patch I was using (a modified version of the factory “Fascination”) into the Neutron, and it was so surprisingly close that I couldn’t believe the sound I was hearing was form the Neutron and not the VST version until I plugged the Keystep and headphones directly into the desktop unit.

5 Likes

synthwave is my weakness. <3

1 Like

LOL Imagining that the reason you can’t see @Bitnik ‘s face is because he’s actually a member of an ancient and extinct alien race that wiped itself out by inventing a machine that made real all their deepest desires! You nailed the sound my friend. I have an arduino random voltage generation sketch you could pair with that like a wogglebug!

4 Likes

You can see my face at the end (I have to lean down because I’m using my phone camera and the rest of the room is frankly a mess so it has to be a closeup so you can see the important stuff.) I’m a really ancient guy so you’re not missing much in the performance. At my age a friendly grin can startle small children and animals.

3 Likes

oh.

3 Likes

The piece of furniture the Crave is on is just begging to be made into a synth cabinet!

3 Likes

That’s a tiny bureau desk in the spare room, My actual synth cabinet is (or will eventually be, if I ever build any modules) a two metre tall wooden bookcase in my bedroom.

Thing is, today I spent a lot of my spare time practising breathing while holding a note on the theremin, and playing major second and major third intervals by ear. This is a lot of fun, but if I keep it up it will still be a long time before I can play music I’d want to listen to.

But I’m making progress in music, a language to which I’ve spent most of my life as a fascinated outsider. I feel very happy about this.

And then because I felt I never really contribute any musical performance here, I thought I’d just record something and post it. I’m so glad some people showed their appreciation. Thank you for that.

5 Likes

A track I did with Patterning this morning.

5 Likes

A little cover of one Midnight Express theme call The Chase (original composer Giorgio Moroder en 1978).

9 Likes

I love that tune! You nailed it. The subject matter of the movie was a little intense for my liking but the song stands on its own!

1 Like

Nice-it’s got a very Nine Inch Nails/Skinny Puppy vibe to it.

2 Likes

Awesome! And since I got curious and googled it, here’s how the original was made.

(and if I’m reading the SH-2000 schematics correctly, their VCO is based on a 555, plus some clever trigger circuitry. maybe time for some silly experiments. I mean, if it was good enough for Giorgio:slight_smile: )

3 Likes