Moog acquired by inMusic

Moog has announced that it’s now part of inMusic, the music technology super-company that already owns the likes of Akai Pro, Alesis, M-Audio, Denon, Numark and Rane.

I had never heard of inMusic before just now, but just that name screams “low quality cheap plastic crap.” And looking over their list of brands now…uh yup.

I need this to be a lesson to anyone who ever bought into Moog’s “employee-owned” bull***t.

By design, Moog was only 49% employee controlled, with the other 51% of ownership held entirely by the CEO of the company.

If a company is “employee-owned” but the employees still don’t have any actual agency in how the company is run, what you really have is just an unstable retirement plan with good PR.

1 Like

I don’t own a Moog, I never have, perhaps I never will.

I don’t think I’ve ever owned a product from any of the brands on that list that didn’t break in some way. RIP Moog.

1 Like

Moog, the Hewlett Packard of synthesizers.

“I remember when Moog made the best synthesizers in the world!” “Sure, grandpa, let’s get you to bed.”

2 Likes

My Etherwave pro is the only moog product I’ve ever wanted. Will this move make moog gear cheaper?
Nah.
Best to all.

1 Like

Not sure about all the fuss, but I played around with an AKAI Professional Force recently and it felt absolutely high quality. To be honest, I think it’s way better than the Push 2 :wink:
I also had some M-Audio speakers which had an amazing sound for their pricetag and Rane Serato Scratch was kind of the first high-quality system for playing audio files from the computer on a vinyl (I was never a fan of that but I had my hands on it once I was a hobby DJ and it was indistinguishable from actual vinyls). Denon has high quality gear too for DJs (one of my friends uses three of the SC6000 Primes).

I had never heard of inMusic before just now, but just that name screams “low quality cheap plastic crap.” And looking over their list of brands now…uh yup.

“uh yup”, I say the opposite (I agree that inMusic sounds cheap though) :wink: but my sample size is probably comparable, so whatever

Anyways, I don’t feel like this is the end of the world for Moog :laughing:

1 Like

Moog is over, basically.

2 Likes

I’ve got an mAudio Oxygen keyboard that was, I think, made before mAudio was acquired by inMusic. I tried to get support for it and each party pointed at the other one and nobody would do anything at all.

Oooops, I take it back, that really could be the end of the world for Moog :grimacing:

1 Like