Problematic Synth Makers

I thought this was a pretty balanced take:

8 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty much my take.

3 Likes

Lol I’m going to have to watch some more of this guy, pretty funny and solid argument. He brings up a good point, we are pissed because almost everybody has supported or defended behringer at some point and it sucks when they do something to make you backtrack on your previous views. ( I got a behringer bass amp when I was 13 and prob half a dozen or more products since then)

…but still recognizing behringer price cutting is benefitting us all (as a consumer) whether you have a behringer product in your studio or not

4 Likes

Behringer PR and choices are super weird to me lol. They could be the Robin Hood of synth manufacturers if they wanted but they are more like the sheriff :rofl:

5 Likes

Which really points a way for someone else to capture a significant piece of the market, if they had the means and desire to do so.

4 Likes

I kinda feel sad for the employees who don’t make the marketing or rip off a product in their design lab… The employees who go to just do a job, make the money to pay the bills, and don’t want to rock the boat must be upset by all the negativity their marketing gives Their lively hood.

The Vid has explained much to me that I had not heard before.

3 Likes

Not surprisingly, Behringer reacted to this, and there is an update.

5 Likes

I was honestly quite surprised by this.

5 Likes

I will add synthrotek to this dubious list:

5 Likes

I will second this Tim. When I first heard about this a couple of years ago I decided that I would never purchase anything from them. I also do not feel guilty about “borrowing” some of their schematics either :wink:

7 Likes

Fucking yikes.

The brain rot from synthrotek is real.

4 Likes

Ugh, I feel really bad about my patch cables I bought from them now. Wish I would have seen this sooner.

4 Likes

It’s kinda icky to know you bought it from people like this, but don’t beat yourself up. You didn’t know, and they are the ones that should own their shitty behavior.

3 Likes

I really hate when some big creator in a small community is such a shitty person. It really sucks too, because they are a really big supplier of DIY stuff.

3 Likes

Just remember that a business is not just it’s owner. There are hard working balanced individuals too.

2 Likes

On the other hand it wasn’t just Uli Behringer who made the cork sniffer video. If nothing else, the people in Behringer public relations presumably approved its release, even though they knew or should have known how bad its tone was and that whatever the intention was, the imagery carried the appearance of antisemitism. Unless Uli released it without their blessing, in which case mass resignations would have been in order.

5 Likes