Moog Werkstatt Schematics

Not sure who here needs to see this…but Moog have shared the schematics for the Werkstatt:

I admit I was pretty tempted for $200 to have a bit of actual Moog in my possession … though it does seem a little limited and I have more fun building than performing … Then I saw this link getting shared around.

It does say that it’s intended for owners of the Werkstatt and that the reader is assumed to have purchased one. Doesn’t say anyone else is forbidden to read them though…

2 Likes

I’m feeling like brain, bumhole, eyeball and lip, not every bit of the tasty Moog burger is as appetizing when served on it’s own.

Translation: unlike other Moog feasts I found some of the cuts taken not to my taste. That said I do love the buttons, the even simpler routing design and the cv add on… oh damn, now I want one.

1 Like

Cool, thanks.
I don’t know if it’s just an Adobe Reader on Linux thing, but the text on the schematic only shows as dots for me:

But if you copy and paste the dots, they change into text (see e.g. the highlighted dots that I pasted in the search field).

2 Likes

That’s odd. It does seem to display normally for me on windows. I wonder if it’s a missing font:

Yeah, font “Verdana” is missing.

1 Like

its funny this thread comes up! as im currently in the middle of ordering the through hole bits I dont have. gunna do a vid of just trying to build the werkstatt in a day on protoboard, and most likely come to the conclusion its quite a faff haha. but lets see!!! ordering it all today :O/. may do a livestream chatting about the schematic if we wanna share notes!±!!!

12 Likes

I’ve tried so hard to hate the werkstatt. Everything about it since launch said Hipster - not for you! But I have to confess that having looked at the schematic, noted the cv inputs and routing for the filters (nothing special but neatly done) that I still hate the Choc box design but this would make a fine little sub synth module in any modular. Apologies to Moog, who I know hang on my every word and a Yay for Sam and a protoboard version. Cheers

1 Like

Hey I built this ladder filter out of the schematic and it works great off +/- 12V. I just used close resistors, 2n3094 NPNs and a 2906 for the v/oct expoential converter at the bottom. I took the output out to an op amp and multiplied it by about 5X and it spits out a pretty great sounding +/- 5V. Its not perfect (some clipping) but sounds great. I did this after spending like two weeks trying to make the Yusynth ladder (which is extremely close to the Model D and probably sounds superb and superior, but hey). Ignore the stuff on the bottom right. These parts are more ‘normal’ also - 1K resistors, .1uF caps, I used 2.7K resistor at top and bottom, etc.

5 Likes