Mail Day Thread

I know you’ll absolutely love designing things to print… it’s such an enabler, and can get a project moving. Scored there with the free PLA spool! I’m sure others know about 3D printing, but if I can help with a problem…

2 Likes

I second that wholeheartedly !

2 Likes

And are they for 6 mm shafts or 6.35 mm? Most of what I’ve found on AliExpress is 6 mm, which is fine for panel mount jacks, but the board mount 9mm jacks Sam likes to use are hard enough to find in 6.35 mm, virtually nonexistent in 6 mm so far as I can tell.

2 Likes

I’ve built the 808 kick, and I’m about half way in on the high hat,cymbal,cowbell from this thread. http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-54826.html&postorder=asc. I must have missed the Joe Bueckman thread, but I am interested in what you 3 are working on. Got my Tayda order in yesterday for the rest of the parts I need to finish those.

5 Likes

It’s here: Joe Beuckman modules

3 Likes

Here’s the link for them. I needed some smaller knobs for the attenuator I was building and also for the Eurorack modules I was building. I wanted those to match, as closely as I could, to the Boss knobs I use for Kosmo builds. I’m very happy with them.

@analogoutput these are for round 6.35mm and have an inset screw.

6 Likes

Hmm, same store has Boss style knobs in 6.35 too, cheaper than Tayda… in lots of 100.

3 Likes

Reverse mail day, these are going to you guys right now! Thank you all @analogoutput @popflier @KardashevTypeII @devicex @ChristianBloch, @lookmumnocomputer

7 Likes

Perhaps I can interest you in 100 MF-A05 :rofl:

5 Likes

Only 100? What sort of amateur do you take me for?

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to find a Worng SoundStage for at least a month at no more than MSRP and one finally popped up on Reverb. It’s a very specialized 21 channel mixer. Sure makes my 24 channel Allen & Heath seem a bit oversized. :grinning:

Here’s the DivKid video:

Edit: Like everything else, it fills up fast:

8 Likes

I was down to the scraps [ on the right ] , luckily my order for 200 @ 100k resistors came in [ on the left ] . those quad mixers eat up a lot of 100 k’s .

7 Likes

I need to find a proper stock control software that can handle the basics of MRP. I never know what I have, if I have it on order, if it needs reorderd, how quick it gets used… Time to implement some of the stuff I learned at university 25 years ago, Presently the 3D printer is chugging through G-Codes, One (only) thing I excelled at on my engineering modules)

Rob

3 Likes

Component ctrl software is a solution to a problem that doesn’t really exist. I have a running list of projects. On a white board are lists of the BOM for the next 6 projects and some polystyrene packing trays holding those bits on the list. By prepping ahead I know in advance what I’m missing or low on as I make up each tray.

4 Likes

I use a spreadsheet. A line for each component, columns for each project showing how many of each part they need. It can be a little clunky to use but it more or less gets the job done.

4 Likes

Same here, then I fill the lines green for the parts I have, and yellow for the parts that are in my cart

3 Likes

Yeah, mine does something like that with conditional formatting. If part inventory < parts needed, color the line red.

4 Likes

I will probably make an updated inventory (approximation) spreadsheet soon. I’ve been putting component values into my email search function to see if I have ordered them in the past.

Well my much needed Frequency Central power supply PCB’s finally showed up after nearly 2 months.

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh I like that a LOT! Never heard of that company before. Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Oooh shiny!

7 Likes