Mail Day Thread

thonk is not shipping to the US right now.

3 Likes

Ah nevermind, just realized thonk isn’t shipping to the US at the mo!

3 Likes

hardly even shipping to the UK

2 Likes

Ha, ha, I find it hilarious how you speak of someone living a couple hours south of you and you never meeting him, as if it is un unescapable fact that if you do travel south you will inevitably meet him. Sorry if this sounds like I’m making fun of you, that is not my intention, it is probably just a way of speaking where you are from. If I travel 1.5 hours south I’m leaving the country leaving the better part of 17 million people behind me :wink:

4 Likes

What are you building with the boards? Looks interesting… :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Mouser order came today! Loads of SMD parts for several of the Mutable Instruments modules. Just waiting on some Digikey parts, PCB’s, and a couple of things from Amazon.

5 Likes

Well, considering he runs the store front… lol if I went there, I would likely meet him. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s one of a couple of sort of generic boards I’ve been thinking about for projects involving an Arduino Nano and a DAC. This version’s for portable battery-powered things. Another version, larger and more capability, for synth modules, to come. Something of an offshoot from this http://www.shaduzlabs.com/blog/21/synapse-a-diyfriendly-cv-io-shield-for-arduino.html

3 Likes

Bout time… ordered these March 25th.

x3 AS3360

6 Likes

Good to know that I’m not the only one still waiting. I think I put my order in around the same time as you. I just noticed that it says your package was shipped on 3-27! I’m still waiting for my VCA’s too. I ordered those the day Sam released them. I think others are still waiting in the US on those too, yes?

3 Likes

Got my Modular Addict order and cables from Monoprice (thanks @ChristianBloch for the heads up on those!) Some of my Modular Addict order was not correct so I’ll have to get that sorted. :disappointed:

6 Likes

Portugal/Spain were hit fairly hard. PortugalPostal was certainly in a non shipping state to a number of destinations for a while…

Surprised you can’t easily and cheaply get 3360s in the US

3 Likes

Its a pain, when i bought mine back in OCT last year it still took a while. I got 10 of the AS3340 and 10 of the AS3360. NO IDEA WHY I THOUGHT BUYING THAT MANY WAS A GOOD IDEA. Hell, i forgot i bought the VCAs until i just checked, i should get those VCA PCBs now.

5 Likes

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY VCAS! Or so they say.

6 Likes

My first PCB in from JLC.

It’s already been vastly reworked for version 2, and there are a few issues with it. But as a trial price I am happy… As long as it works!

Already spotted a missing ground track…

5 Likes

Got some random ebay stuff (cheap side cutters, etc) I ordered in mid-february and had forgotten about. This update is a bit more exciting:

(but it’ll probably not make it here before the weekend, despite me splurging on shipping)

EDIT: DHL says estimated delivery 5/11? that’s definitely not before the weekend, but better than no delivery I guess :smiley:

EDIT: Oh look at that – DHL tracker says the package is now one hour away from me, and left the DHL facility 30 minutes ago. Estimated delivery is still 5/11, though. Do they plan to drive around aimlessly for another nine days? :smiley:

3 Likes

I got my Electric Druid order last week, still waiting on the VCA’s.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed all the projected ship times on eBay have gone back to their pre-Obama era lengths. I assume it’s the same thing as Amazon is going through, putting all the “necessities” at the front of the line. I only have a few boring things in shipping right now. I tend to do projects in phases and get bored with it for a while. Is that a thing with anyone else?

2 Likes

As in “coming up with an idea, sourcing 80% of the components, and then abandoning that for another idea, sourcing 80% of the components, …”?

3 Likes

LOL kind of-except I don’t get to that “…another idea…” part lately. But glad to know that it happens to the heavy-hitters too!

3 Likes