Mail Day Thread

It’s called “Waiting-for-My-Buchla Blues” :joy:

2 Likes

Ask me about the ASM-1 synth I built in the 1990s. Oh wait. Don’t.

Or you can ask me about the Weird Sound Generator I built, if I remember right, from 2010 to 2013. Or mostly built. I mean, I got it functioning, but there were a few more things I wanted to do before calling it finished. I’m not calling it finished.

4 Likes

Sigh… I forgot I told you guys about that, but so true…

2 Likes

I am amazed I am still building modular… It’s been an unusual commitment with no reward so far except this community and learning some new skills.

I have three “PCB” project ideas in progress.

1. the clock which has passed V1
  2. A dual simple VCO which is nearly scketched out.
  3. A 32/(2x16)/(4x8) Step Sequencer with 2 CV (pitch/amplitude) and duration control… Groundwork done. The “CheapStepPo”… I keep having ideas on this so its going to take a while…
4 Likes

I will have some neat mail to show later this evening but…
My JLCPCB Order arrived in Milwaukee yesterday - Milwaukee is only 1 1/2 hours from me… They scheduled delivery on May 4th… wut… lol
I said F that and got on with a DHL rep.
Needless to say, my package will be here this evening… lololol.

3 Likes

Is that going to be a 3340? If so what is your planned board size?

1 Like

175x45 IIRC , its a week or so since i looked at it…

1 Like

Pcbs came today!
Doepfer 182 style switched multiples with added indicator LEDs.

I’ll make sure it’s working but I’m fairly certain they will, dead simple design—literally based from a picture of the doepfer pcb, but I wanted more LEDs. You can use DPDT on/on or on/off/on if you want to be able to mute a channel. If any of you USA boys want one I can hook you up, will send em out this weekend. I got 6 extra

6 Likes

My DHLs always show up three days before they say they will, I can almost count on it

2 Likes

well yes please. lol
hmu on fb.
i should have my KOSMO Panels today.

Braids Panels had an issue, they messed one of them up but the other 9 are finished and shipping out. 2 are for Sam, 1 I believe is likely for you haha

2 Likes

Check the Facebook page
There is still no Tayda sale
Virus is evil

But I did get a hole saw (hello, arcade buttons!), some single supply op amps, and a pedal

4 Likes

Here are the KOSMO Panel Blanks that I designed!

2.5cm

5cm

7.5cm

7.5cm Special Shiny Panel (some of these will be given away here!)

10cm

15cm

:smiley:
And last but not least!
EuroScope and Expander

6 Likes

actually I am in the states and have ordered from them [ Thonk]. it was pretty quick 2 weeks I think and shipping wasn’t bad either . but that was pre corona , so the shipping could take forever [ literally] now.

2 Likes

They actually are not at all shipping to the US for the time being and even within the UK, they have drastically reduced their inventory.

2 Likes

This is so neat! I especially like the drill guide dots and, of course, the shiny ones!

2 Likes

These turned out amazing!!!

4 Likes

LOL-Sam Battle, immortalized in a pcb graven image!

4 Likes

Next two AliExpress knob lots, great big ones and itty bitty ones

6 Likes

The ones on the left look remarkably like Moog uses on the Moog One. Would they source them in China?

1 Like

They’re all a similar style, MF-A01 on the right and MF-A04 on the left (I got some MF-A02s a couple weeks back, some MF-A03s hopefully very soon, and I just ordered some MF-A05s). Tayda sells A01, A03, and A04 under the description “Boss style”. Don’t know about the One but on the Mother-32 Moog uses a similar but not the same style.

2 Likes