Mail Day Thread

I think the holder is to small, but I don’t have a dremmel at hand to test. I could modify the holder though… Not sure how a dremmel (or similar) compares to a motor, like the Genmitsu that @Sonosus suggested, any experience?

And then you have Kosmo format , " that was the size of scrap metal cut offs they had cheap " not sure if that is exact quote , close ? . diy is pretty much open to what ever is at hand it would seem . it would be nice if manufacturers all used exactly the same system but some things do work better for different peoples situations and sometimes different can be innovative .

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:
relevant oven rack

7 Likes

Absolutely mega wow !!

1 Like

Device X,

When I first learned about Kosmo modular it was easy to understand… 20 centimeters and 2.5 centimeters. It was adopted by novices at a faster rate than adopted by synthesizer manufacturers (by the time of writing this I think only that case builder Sam was contacted by has made anything Kosmo on any commercial scale) and that couldn’t be more beautiful or punk. I agree it can be made with cut offs but I enjoyed it for there being a specification in the beginning.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

yes I enjoy it [ Kosmo ] too , nice even numbers to work with and big enough panels for my clumsy hands .

2 Likes

I got a MISTER MOCANTE today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This thing and a microcosm and your set is complete !

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, I know. Fell off that high horse as soon as pricing was announced.

11 Likes

Lots and lots of parts from Tayda today!

20210521_150253

7 Likes

PCB for the 6 voice Raspberry Pi Pico DCO arrived. I hope it works as intended and also some programming is still needed. I think I’m going for multiple ADSRs and VCAs next.

9 Likes

Can’t wait for the Twin T.

Ever elusive CD4011AE

7 Likes

Josh,

Cool! It would be elucidating to compare the difference between CD4011AE and CD4011UBE (which is sourceable.)

-Fumu / Esopus

3 Likes

To my understanding it will have a better Decay!
I plan to try both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The decay comment on the project page is about A vs B, but there are at least three variants out there; pre-JEDEC standardization A (unbuffered), and somewhat more modern B (buffered) and UB (unbuffered). The latter two are still made, and A and UB seem suspiciously similar:

(the trailing E just means PDIP packaging)

Sam mentioned he’s ordered some UBs to test with.

EDIT: Initial UBE test results.

5 Likes

“Kudos Cascaid” Careers system. Started out as a multiple choice paper form ( that’s what I did in the late 80’s… Moved to computer in early 90’s online late 90’s

1 Like

Of course, it shows up the day after the long weekend when I actually had time to tinker…

Diode ladder VCF PCBs and components

3 Likes

wow wheres this surplus place , nice I need 2 , thanks for the pics and blogs

2 Likes

Presumably

(but CD4011UBE would be considerably cheaper and per Sam will work with resistor changes)

2 Likes

Ooh, that came quick. Don’t even have my Tayda order yet.

5 Likes