Mail Day Thread

I think it’s been off the road for 30 years, needs a bit of working out what’s what…

But it’s
MOT free
Tax Free
and £47 a year for Fully Comp Insurance !!!

Rob

2 Likes

I’m trying to make it out - Reliant Scimitar? The windows and rear lights look like it… haven’t seen them in any colour other than red, it feels like!

And so it begins. Made orders yesterday with LMNC, The Pi Hut, Rapid and various places on eBay; I would’ve ordered from Thonk as well, but they’re shut till tomorrow.

Some Kosmo mini’s for helpping tiddle knobs:

Some breadboards, a 9v PSU and the wrong kind of pin headers:

7 Likes

Indeed, 1975 Scim…

1 Like

damn nice! best of luck with it let us know how you get on ha

1 Like

nice!nice nice like the transparent breadboards!

2 Likes

very, very nice

there used to be one near me up until a few years ago, similar era (S reg I think). Loved how it looked exotic despite being a 1970s British car :grin:

My Rapid order has just turned up! I was wondering why the box was so big, but those tubes of IC sockets are quite long…

I also managed to get a Thonk order in last night for the POTs and a Vactrol.

4 Likes

Is that microcontroller a photo on a flyer… Looks realish but then a bit 2D…

Farnell seem to be levying a handling charge now which I don’t remember from the past. make small orders pointless.

It’s on the flyer, but I can see what you mean… :dizzy_face:

Are those 56k resistors on top? I think it’d take me a long long time to go through that many. 100k, yes, but 56k, not so much…

1 Like

100 each of 470R, 1K, 1.5K, 4.7K, 47K, 56K, 100K, 750K and 1M, as Rapid supply strips of either 100 or 1,000. Although it looks like I’ve made a mistake, the 1M, should’ve been 10M, as they were out of stock so I ordered 1M off eBay. So it looks like I need to send the 1M back and swap for some 10M… :muppet:

2 Likes

doubt that will be cost effectve, chalk it up in the dum ass thread :wink:

1 Like

Probably not, especially as I only need one 10M… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I dunno, you could open a resistor store

2 Likes

just put sticky notes somewhere with big arrows… For that one day you go to order some again on the assumption you have none… #DumbAssRefail

1 Like

Yet more bits and bobs have turned up; plus I’ve received my Thonk dispatch notice:

Just need to get hold of a 10M resistor now.

5 Likes

I couldn’t decide if I should wait to buy this or just buy it. Buy it I did…then I had to wait a month for them to get them made but now it’s finally here. :frowning: Such an awesome fx pedal. I can’t wait to play with it!

7 Likes

Nice, it seems to be a very cool FX pedal !!!

3 Likes

that looks like fun !

2 Likes