Mail Day Thread

Super exited today, my Klee Sequencer PCB set turned up! :stuck_out_tongue:
Going to make this in its own little powered skiff I think.

4 Likes

Thonk order arrived, containing POTs, toppers and a Vactrol. Plus another Rapid order turned up, with the missing 10M resistors. Just waiting on some headers for the PCBs and some instrument cable for the plugs. Might have to break the breadboards out for a play tomorrow…

6 Likes

Oh, I’m in the process of ordering some of those toppers myself from Thonk. I think they’re a fantastic idea!

3 Likes

I thought being able to colour code them for my project was a good idea. Although I don’t think I appreciated just how tiny everything was going to be. I might have to invest in one of those massive illuminated magnifying glass thingies… :laughing:

1 Like

LOL…that’s hilarious!

Some instrument cable has turned out. Going to have a bash at making two 50cm patch cables.

Edit:

Delivery driver has just dropped off the last remaining outstanding item, some 2x headers. I know have everything, other than a digital multimeter, and can start on the MFOS WSG breadboarding. The first job will be to solder all the Kosmo Minis up…

3 Likes

:smiley:

5 Likes

Grabbed it on ebay classifieds for 15 € including this charming power supply and shipping costs

And SMD / SMT can finally start, now someone just has to help me how to find these stupid correct footprints for 0805 resistors in EasyEDA

6 Likes

The long awaited parcel has finally arrived.

12 Likes

Let me know how it sounds/feels. My birthday is coming up and it’s on the list of ‘should I buy this, or is it just gear lust’ :wink:

4 Likes

Uhhhhhh At the sight I get a pleasant semi-stiffness :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my fave tiny euro makers is Analog Ordnance out of Australia - received a little care package from him today!

5 Likes

Had a hard time finding some TL074’s. Looks like my part-time job with the University actually gave me some benefits here! LOL

5 Likes

Yeah, I have bid/lost a couple on ebay. Would be good to know how good it is. I just sold my K2 so need something to replace it.

1 Like

I notice Tayda is out of stock on TL074, but they do have 1595 TL084.

Edit: In PDIP, I mean. They have 4 million TL074 in SOIC.

3 Likes

Yeah, everywhere they are sold out of PDIP due to the chip shortage. Mouser and Digikey have none. I had the last 29 in my Tayda cart the other day and went to check out and someone beat me to them. The places that do have them I have noticed are price gouging. :frowning:

I switched my 1U buffered mult back to a tl084 because of it. :frowning:

2 Likes

3,988,874, to be precise.

5 Likes

Well, obviously I bought 11,126 of them.

7 Likes

Some new Kosmo modules to test/play with!

@telec16 series (PLL, Glider, adsr, wavefolder, vco, and vca)

My go at the @TimMJN telegraph module,

faceplates for the Barton dual wave rectifier and PLL,

First go at the DUSG, based on kassutronics/serge except even more LEDs :sunglasses:

And a 3.5mm-1/4 converter/mult

10 Likes

so stoked for that DUSG :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes