Mail Day Thread

Oh there are TS100 tips…just…none the size/shape I prefer :smiley: There’s a decent selection just not as wide as for Hakko irons.

That said…I just ordered a new TS100 style iron. I don’t need it…but the price was right and it has both DC in and USB-C which was just too tempting to pass up since it uses the same TS100 tips. The “pinecil” from the makers of the Pine64 (which I backed on kickstarter a few years ago and have used on a couple of projects.) Review: Pine64 Pinecil Soldering Iron | Hackaday

The Hackaday review seemed promising so for $25 I couldn’t pass it up. Basically a cheaper TS-100 with USB-C in addition to a barrel jack - yeah…take my money :smiley:

3 Likes

Cases for Rolz arrived!

Pretty proud to say they turned out exactly as I wanted!

12 Likes

they have arrived :grin:

11 Likes

Not quite mail day for me yet…but wanted to give a shout out to Mouser for moving my mail day up:

You requested your order be shipped by UPS 2nd DAY AIR.

To ensure that you receive your order on the day you expected it, Mouser has upgraded your order to ship UPS NEXT DAY AIR at no additional charge to you.

I only chose 2nd day air because it was the same price as ground ($8) so I figured why not. And now they’re bumping me up to next day - I assume because they’re shipping a little later than they expected.

Totally unnecessary but appreciated!

8 Likes

yeah they are quick at getting the stuff to you , probably because most of their business is for commercial customers who need there parts fast to keep production rolling . there shipping isn’t to bad considering stuff gets here in 2-3 days , usually use fedx 2nd day air .

3 Likes

Another JLCPCB box:

(clockwise from lower left:) Panel and sync mod/power daughterboard for MFOS LFO; power breakouts; wall wart supplies (hopefully right this time); @CTorp LFO. None of which I probably will get to anywhere near as soon as I’d previously thought…

9 Likes

Can’t beat a JLC day… the day wen you get to face palm and order the next ones… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally! @CTorp k2.5s and multicoloured jack nuts to experiment with! Thanks Cory!

8 Likes

The Orba arrived. It’s from an Amazon seller and cost about £95 including VAT and postage.

It’s great for me because it’s ultra-portable and can be used as a self-contained composition tool. I can just stuff it into a coat pocket and bring it out when I have a spare moment. It’s like carrying around a miniature DAW.

4 Likes

new box of hook up wire , regulator transistors , patch cables from popflier , and the potentiometers needed to put together ctorp’s K25 modules .

8 Likes

Mouser has moved every order I have done up to next day air this past year. I’ve done probably 7 or 8 orders through them. I noticed on the first order that ground and 2nd day air were the same price of $8 so I always chose that. Once I accidentally clicked on ground and processed the order. They still moved up the ground order to next day air. So I think regardless of what you choose they will move it up to next day air. That’s why I choose them over Digikey.

4 Likes

not to mention their discounts for Bulk are WAY better.

I HAD to order brown colored Johnson bananas from Digikey this week because Mouser was out.
Needed 127 of them…
I ended up spending 40 bucks more at Digikey for them than I would have from Mouser…

1 Like

I had to look that up, but I’m not sure I found the right page:

My father, an electrical engineer, once had occasion to ship a full bunch of bananas to Shemya Island at the end of the Aleutians, but that’s a subject for a different Mail Day Thread.

Hmm, don’t know exactly what you were ordering, but for 108-0302-001 banana plugs Mouser wants $1.15 for quantity 100, Digi-Key wants $1.13 at the same quantity. Similarly near-identical prices for 108-0740-001 jacks, quantity 100. So maybe for some parts, but I’m not convinced “their discounts for Bulk are WAY better” generally.

If you’re not in a great rush, and have a small order, Digi-Key’s shipping rates are much lower than Mouser’s.

1 Like

11U rack. Nothing to put in it, though. Yet.

4 Likes

MOUSER:

DIGIKEY:

er 126 - but you get the point lol

1 Like

also worth mentioning - all colors are slightly different prices, and different in bulk.

Just picked up another bargain on ebay

10 Likes

dam that is a good deal .

Thanks to @eric for the ENIG panel blank!

5 Likes

Design is by @d42kn355 , not me !
I just ordered them…

5 Likes