Mail Day Thread

Got this bad boy today, can’t wait to test 'er out!
IMG_1798.jpeg

11 Likes

TIL 2*16000 = 31500 :laughing:

31500 Hz, to spice up your recordings :wink:

And of course, 63*2 = 125. Meh, close enough!

I bet that caused a few arguments between designers…

dude… If you ever plan to part with it… I have been looking for a 1613 for about a year that is not a stupid price… lol

They usually come attached to Sound Level Meters and Mics for Bruel & Kjaer.
When people separate them, they sell them for stupid amounts ever since hainbach and some others started doing videos on em. lol

3 Likes

Heheh, I probably won’t part with it for the foreseeable future since I just received it today. I too noticed them because of Hainbach and had to deal with the insanely inflated prices those video caused. I managed to get ahold of this one for around $100 with shipping included after watching ebay like a hawk. Took over 2 months to arrive since they initially sent me a BK type 1616. I was curious to test it but it needed some obscure gigantic batteries that I couldn’t find. Had to ship it all the way back from Portland to Poland and wait for the 1613 to arrive XD

2 Likes

I was gonna ask!! Does the 1613 have a different power source than the 1616?
I have seen the battery tray for the 1616 before and was like… well, thats one I probably dont want lol

1 Like

The 1613 is entirely passive, no power required. Part of the appeal!

6 Likes

D5, finally sockets for 1 or 2 safety valve VCAs and a bunch of high voltage caps for my old Dynachord Amps.

6 Likes

My first self-designed PCBs arrived :partying_face:

• AS3340 VCO
  • Self-made stripboard

8 Likes

I look forward to seeing your PCBs tested and running. Please keep us posted.
Oh, and the cat thing?

3 Likes

Free gift in the package. It’s a “2$ PCB&Mobile holder”

8 Likes

And less than an hour later:

2x AS3340 VCO
2x AS3360 Dual Log/Lin VCA
1x ENVGEN 8C
1x LM13700 Dual OTA (I wanted to compare this one from Electricdruid to the China chips)
1x STOMPLFO - 8-pin DIP

7 Likes

Here’s my Artiphon Orba wearing its new blue silicone jacket, which arrived in the post today.

Edit: this gadget has actually got me making noises. The built-in synth engine is rather lacking in decent presets, so it’s much better to use it as a controller. It took me a while to get around to connecting it to my phone but the results are magical. It’s not much bigger than a tennis ball but it’s a really intuitive way to play any phone app that understands MIDI. Much more fun than trying to play an on-screen keyboard, and more musical too.

3 Likes

My beatstep arrived today,
Great timing cause I printed the faceplate and started to build the CB55 PCB today - unfortunately am missing some components so will have to wait till at least next Friday to get it finished.
Should have enough bits for my Midi-Trigger though.

8 Likes

Finally got my Zener diodes!

Uhhh… why did I order Zeners? What circuit uses these?

5 Likes

I think they are on the quad VCA as over voltage protection??

1 Like

As discussed recently here and earlier here there are indeed zeners in the quad mixer VCA and the dual VCA — but there should not be. They were intended to protect the CV pin, but they’re connected to the wrong pin and the CV pin doesn’t actually need their protection anyway. As Sam says on the respective project pages, leave them out.

3 Likes

For pennies on eBay. This arrived!
29’ (feet) long. 36 way ribbon cable from the early beige era of computing.

6 Likes