Mail Day Thread

Haha! this time I think I’d rather try to make the pleasure of construction last, because maybe my last case due to lack of space in my music room :sleepy:
So the choice of modules for this case grinds my brains a bit :crazy_face:

4 Likes

You’ll have to switch to eurorack… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You mean a miniature Kosmo, you would also need miniature hands to play with it :laughing:
I think I’d rather knock down a wall to enlarge the room :rofl:

but “il ne faut jamais dire : fontaine …” (everything can happen)

7 Likes

Now that is talking !

2 Likes

Install a suspended ceiling made solely of synth cases.

3 Likes

Took advantage of the Thonk discount code and ordered the bits I needed for the Noodle Toaster, plus another vactrol for the WSG Looney mod. Cor, Thonkiconn Mono 3.5mm Audio Jacks are tiny!

I may have been a bit hasty though, and now find myself wanting to place another order for a few more things… :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

I have this feeling after every electronics order I do :laughing:

4 Likes

@Dud

14 Likes

:+1: :smile:

(no more words !)

7 Likes

just a little Thonk order , those darn sales …

6 Likes

STOP DESCRIBING MY MORNING TODAY

8 Likes

LOL thank you it’s not just me …

3 Likes

Hey, hey…

A metal mumma…

Under the keyboard is exactly the sound of TX81Z and RX11. It will be a bass or a lead depending on what I love most out of it.

If you thought I was just being hyperbolic this mumma folds the upper control panel and the lower lip to be the most bulletproof I’ve ever seen a synth to be.

-Fumu / Esopus

7 Likes

I missed having MI Clouds in my rack. A clone came up for sale and I snapped it up. I love the randomness and beautiful sounds it can produce.

6 Likes

That’s an Oscillosaurus panel. I’m not a fan of their panels at all. Magpie has some great panels but they can run about $40 - $50 each.

3 Likes

I’m eyeing this Typhoon PCB

1 Like

I have the monsoon , built buy somebody I don’t remember who . I really like it , you can make some crazy sounds out of other sounds if you know what I mean [ the granular part ] .

6 Likes

The problem that you will run into is that it uses an STM chip and they will likely be unavailable until early 2023. I also think that DAC chip is unavailable as well. I literally have 8 PCB projects here that are all waiting on STM chips.

3 Likes

Good to know. I also have no way to program the chip. Its a long term project for sure.

3 Likes

@zorch The programming part for Clouds at least was pretty simple. I’ve not programmed any of my modules with the parasites firmware yet, but I would assume it would be the same. I bought an STLink to program my STM chips, which I think ran me around $25 from Mouser. You can get them cheaper elsewhere though.

1 Like