KOSMO Setup pics

@devicex Haha! Well, what do you do with 1 cm width in a system with big jacks?

3 Likes

led , lazer light show LOL . sounds like a good spot for a personalized blank plate

3 Likes

I wanted my Kosmo setup to look like my TEAC reel to reel, I will probably change later when I start another case.

13 Likes

that looks proper nice! and I do like the modified panels a lot! cant beat a bit of dymo!!! kinda makes me wanna do the same on some hahahahaha.

4 Likes

Ya, I that is just the look I had in mind when I started, didn’t want to permanently cover your front panel design, so I used plasti dip, and the back of the case is left open to admire the rear design.

3 Likes

hey dude! regardless its cool! makes it individual. :smiley: which is great!

5 Likes

Oh wow… I believe that’s the same model TEAC I had forty years ago.

3 Likes

Ha Ha me too. Lovely machine that TEAC. Now I use a computer and a Revox A77 for that warm tape sound.

3 Likes

Ya, had to move both of those to set them next to each other for that quick picture. The TEAC is incredibly heavy, glad the Kosmo unit doesn’t weigh that much. I got that and a couple other reel to reels from a family member that I have restored, also a bunch of tapes to listen to. The sound is great coming off the old tapes, until you get a bad one, then not so much.

3 Likes

2nd lfo done :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Got my delay in the case today!

9 Likes

looking good , those " blank " panels are awesome .

6 Likes

Found some horrible scrap wood I could mount a couple Vector rails to. It’s not deep enough for the expression pedal interface and there’s no power supply yet but at least the other three Kosmo modules have a safe place to live for now until I make the real case.

9 Likes

cool the rustic cabin look lol . and whose going to be looking at the case any way with all those nifty modules .

4 Likes

This is my build progress. I started building my Kosmo synth about 2 months ago almost at the point i can use it to make music.

15 Likes

You’ve been busy!​​​​​

1 Like

Not much to do during lockdown, this has been keeping me busy.

5 Likes

I love the VU meters on the mixer, the heavy duty power module and the doodles!

5 Likes

here it is boys! first time ever doing anything like this really so its been real exciting, thank you so much for all your help!

got a few euro modules on the backlog and then gonna finish that row with the delay

13 Likes

Hell ya looks nice man. Which power bus is that? Also how did you get your oscillator tuned to the fabled and mysterious J note?

1 Like