Kosmic Taxidermist

10 boards I hear you say?

1 Like

Yeah it’s really not that much more than getting 5 and like 6 people here said they’d take one, so what the heck

3 Likes

So everything works! Here as an input I just have a simple repeating C note triangle wave and just noodling with the knobs. The frequency band is getting cycled one at a time with a sequential switch and @analogoutput’s gate grinder. Pretty wild!

I need to swap my pot wires though I did them all backwards :rofl:

5 Likes

@CTorp…I’ll take one if you still have any left!

2 Likes

Of course! I need to setup a build guide for it or at least a wiring diagram.

2 Likes

Also a reminder to everybody who expressed interest:

This is only the faceplate and mod/daughter board. You would still need to get a phonic taxidermist pcb/chipset from circuitbenders

5 Likes

Super reasonable shipping. Just four squid to Australia!

1 Like

@Vumnoo Look at the harmonic engine and the cb55 also

1 Like

Sounds super gnarly! I love it.

1 Like

Just ordered mine yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ordered one too and a few extra things , dam just couldn’t help it . would love to have the their mods done on my 707 someday …

2 Likes

@devicex @ChristianBloch

Awesome guys! I’m doing my best to make a wiring diagram right now.

6 Likes

Send me a PM if you’re still interested! These are ready to go. There is enough for everybody who commented on here, plus a few extra

2 Likes

full res:

wiring diagram for the modboard! let me know if you have any issues!

Btw for mine, didn’t use a voltage regulator and just used the jumper as described in the taxidermist build guide, don’t notice any issues. I crammed the mod board between the row of jacks and the bottom row of jacks and switches. Piggyback the power off the bottom of the IDC connector:

5 Likes

Thank you for wiring diagram, I was wondering how it would work after having built the main board on the weekend (post to Australia of the face plate is slow from overseas ): )

2 Likes

Just build as described in the circuitbenders guide, leaving out the power LED/resistor and the 4xdip switch, as they aren’t needed. Use a 78L09 or a jumper for the regulator.

Obviously you can’t hook up the switches or the jacks yet.

PS I just checked the tracking it has left the airport in San Fran, shouldn’t be too long :smiley:

Just gotta remove the led resistor. Also had to source the lm358 op amps as apparently they’re important to have over a tl0xx opamp, especially for feedback/distortion circuits

3 Likes

I also put the resistor in before I finalized plans. Won’t hurt by being in there

Also, there are some LM358s in the upcoming k25’s. I tried using 72s in place but they didn’t work.

2 Likes

repository for the taxidermist build, including gerbers for mod and faceplate, BOM (for the mod board) and full res wiring diagram.

I still have a few extra of these sets if anybody wants them!

6 Likes