Kosmic Taxidermist

Finally getting back into some kicad noodling, working on modding and porting the “Phonic Taxidermist 47.2b” from circuitbendersUK to a kosmo faceplate:

it is basically a delay as well as a strange “distortion” circuit (they call it a chopper). it sounds like it has a ring mod to bit crush range of effect. it works by strobing the audio signal at different frequency bands which can be selected with the four switches.

a guy on muffwiggler by the name of MCOP has also added gate control to the four switches:

i went ahead and copied his circuit do a pcb to go between the commercial pcb and all the jacks

started a faceplate for it but I forgot there is a line and mic level inputs so I need another jack or a switch hole:

Hopefully I can finish up and order both tonight. Been dying to try this thing out. I’m definitely only going to build one, so if anybody else wants to build one eventually let me know. I’ll have 4 extras if you are in the US or I’ll share the gerbs if you are in Europe. The kit from circuit benders with ICs is only 16GBP. They have some other cool stuff as well while you’re at it. I also got the CB55

7 Likes

it looks like a good module and makes i want it :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit : it was just a wish on the moment, not for a real order now :grinning:

3 Likes

Me too want one, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will take one too .

2 Likes

Yup, sign me up! I built the CB55 too, come to think of it, I never shared the result in the build thread. Coming up…

3 Likes

Can anyone think of any one-word replacements for “mid-low” and “mid-high?”

Lowish and highish lol

Also just a heads up this is going to be a spaghetti wire job. I’m too lazy to do a daughter board setup, at that point you might as well just recreate the whole circuit from scratch

1 Like

that will work , that way we have a choice of jack size and pot type .

1 Like

It’s a huge bonus on this one to use 16mm tayda pots…one of them is a dual gang 100k

3 Likes

3 Likes

yes new panel layout of this certain one very interested thanks , so far real good just add the extra hole amd such

1 Like

Mid-low … lo
Mid-high… hi
Just a thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lower, low, high, higher…

3 Likes

Looks like an opportunity to have artwork on both sides?

I thought about it, but decided against. I did do enig instead of HASL, so white silk, black panel with gold :sunglasses: ordered last night.

4 Likes

Here is a render of what I sent to JLC
The labels will be ENIG, but the squares are silkscreen

Space for big knobbies!

6 Likes

Just need an LM339 and it’s ready for testing!

11 Likes

Looks so good! Let us know when they’ll be available! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

did such an awesome job on this one :smiley:
and super quickly too!

3 Likes

Gold on black with silver looks pretty snazzy!

4 Likes

Thanks everybody! The gold really is fancier, haha but it’s a $16 up charge on 10 boards, at least in this case. I’m happy with it, think it was worth it

3 Likes