Keyboard Stand Discussion - holding those Kosmos

Hi all,
I recently completed my first big rack of Kosmo modules, and I am also now the proud owner of a 16 voice Rev 2! I can’t wait to start cranking out songs, but right now, my workflow is pretty clunky. Time to get the perfect multi-tier keyboard stand to hold all my goodies, preferably for live as well as studio use.

I’d love to start a discussion about multi-tier keyboard racks that are sturdy enough to hold a beastly Kosmo rack safely. It seems like there aren’t many useful reviews out there. Does anyone have recommendations or horror stories? Any experiences you can share are valuable.

Cheers,
-Wes

4 Likes

any reason it has to be a " keyboard " type stand ? .

1 Like

Any stand that fits the criteria is fair game in my book. The criteria being, can hold a good sized kosmo rack, a big keyboard, and is able to be transported with relative ease

2 Likes

transported to gigs ? .

1 Like

That’s the eventual plan, but it won’t be happening for a while on account of I suck and the venues are all closed.

2 Likes

this is what I did .
2’x2’x2’ lower boxes on wheels.
1’deep 2’ wide 2’ tall upper boxes.
eventually going to make covers so they can be transported safely.
but they are easy to move around and I like having the flat ledge the bigger lower boxes make , to set pedals , drum machines , keyboards , etc. on .
not being built like a desk does make this not the most comfortable set up to use .
not sure what your carpentry skills are but it is an option besides a keyboard type stand . it seems like it would have to be a pretty strong stand sorry I don’t have any experience with those .

6 Likes

Impressive rig! I’m not sure that will work for my needs but she’s certainly a beauty.

2 Likes

thanks its a bit messy right now redoing the face plates on the MFOS modules .

1 Like

Sam basicaly uses a boggo standard Keyboard stand, although I have to say it always looks a little bit like it’s goign to topple off and kill him!

2 Likes

I agree completely, and I barely had enough time to build my rack the first time - fixing it after a tumble might take months :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

you need to keep an eye out for something like an old hospital gurney they roll, fold up and can hold a lot of weight with a little customization should work . be an interesting conversation piece to .

2 Likes

Pair of Folding Saw Horse and a plank.

Rob

2 Likes

My setup’s not entirely dissimilar, two drawer cabinets about 2’x2’x2’ with a “tabletop” (actually an upcycled door rescued off a curb) across them leaving a kneehole between. What I lack is overhead space, I’m in a room upstairs with slanting ceilings under the roof. The one case ~75 cm wide by ~60 cm high fits but a second one won’t. I’ve rearranged furniture a number of times but haven’t come up with any more satisfactory arrangement yet. There’s a lot more space in the basement but it gets cold there a large fraction of the year. And Eurorack’s a good deal more compact but I just really prefer the larger format.

3 Likes

I have a similar problem. I can either work in the basement next to the entire house’s water pipes or I can work upstairs where the angle of the roof makes it challenging and quite awkward.

2 Likes

thats a pain , I am lucky for sure . we don’t " entertain " much and my wife is quite forgiving so I have a good amount of room to spread out in . now I just have to pay the rent .

1 Like

I’m very curious about the Stay Music products that were unveiled recently, but it seems like manufacturers have already stopped carrying them:

The Korg USA shop doesn’t even list them, and only a few places have a limited selection of models in stock. Seems like a mystery. Too hot to keep in stock, or they fall apart and burst into flames and got recalled? I have no friggin idea.
2 Likes

I’m going to take a wild punt on this. The American aluminium tariffs destroyed the profit model for the stand so Korg no longer sells it in America and Korg is running down stock in order to replace it with a more economically viable stand.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty cogent sounding theory. I might take a chance on it cause they are on sale at the moment - it seems like the least floppy of the keyboard stands in that form factor. I’ll make sure to share my results.

2 Likes

I see plenty of sellers here in Europe (e.g. here’s Thomann’s page), so that may be a US thing. The company is Brazilian, btw.

3 Likes