"k25 series” 2.5cm Kosmo Utilities

I think I know what most of these do - but what are the sub-os, the dual g2t, and glide for?

I might want some for myself. They are snazzy!

1 Like

The sub-osc is a frequency divider, it takes a sawtooth wave from your oscillator and produces square waves down an octave or two. Usually mixed back into the original signal to beef it up.

The gate to trigger takes gate signals and changes them into a very short pulse(trigger) for triggering other modules or cleaning up gates before sending them to envelope or what have you.

The glide is a cv portomento, most typically put it inbetween your 1v/oct source and your oscillator and it slides/slews between notes instead of jumping. But you can slew any cv signal for many different reasons

7 Likes

Very excited for these. Like, a lot!

3 Likes

These sets are ready to go! (Phew).

Turned out to be quite a bit more work than I thought to push 7 modules at once, even being smaller circuits. Couple of these boards got printed 3 times :rofl:.

I really appreciate all of your kind words and suggestions, and I’m happy to let you know that my supply of sets is almost certainly bigger than the demand, so no hurry—busy week. Send me a PM if you want a set!

$8/each + $6 shipping in US, or
$50 full set shipping included.

Happy holidays!

14 Likes

I will make the gerbers available as well as BOMs and schematics over the next few days!

3 Likes

Excellent! I’ll probably add one or more to my next PCB fab order. Thanks!

2 Likes

Beautiful! Got any shots of the boards/builds?

2 Likes

8 Likes

They can all be built without a spreadsheet sitting next to you, I like to have all the component values printed on like Sam’s

6 Likes

I do too. I notice in some cases the value is printed near the footprint and in some cases it’s inside it. The former’s better if it can be managed, it makes debugging or later modification easier. Best of all if both value and reference can be printed near, but not inside, the footprint.

5 Likes

I chose this compromise :

• put the values inside the footprints as you mainly need them when building.
  • put the references along the footprints as you mainly need them when debugging.
7 Likes

PM’d! These are seriously cool. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

:smiley: Hell yes brother! :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

Seriously fluffing sweet.

4 Likes

PM’d. All of them are wanted for installation in top synths :dragon_face:

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

This is awesome!
Subosc and slew are cool.