Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

Hi guys! Hope yall doing good! Im Max, I live in Chile in the “end of the world” haha (sorry for my bad english). I like electronic music, synth pop new wave synth punk stuff, & the Mode a lotttt. I play a bit of bass, and a lot more keyboard. I would like to play in a band, but my school friends are more of rock (so i play bass sometimes). I’m a synth enthusiast, I’m love them a lot despite i have non tho :c I found LMNC channel (love u sam) and now I’m in love with Mowowowoooodulaaar :000 and cause synth are kinda expensive im thinking in going diy. I wanted a LMNC boiler suit but they are not available :c

Also im making synth pop music daw based, im unable to finish my demo tracks cause 1 i cant record good vocals 2 i dont know how to master and 3 im lazy. i cant think of an artist name still. Im a DJ too, since im a kiddo. In general I love gear and music stuff. Hoping to talk about music, random stuff and synnnths here, meet new people and maybe make friends.

8 Likes

Oh its ok Devicex. That is what I was getting at, but its not an uncommon misunderstanding. I often have problems on both sides. While I am with my own Christians I sometimes have people make mistakes about my involvement in my coping strategies. All the while I will have those outside this circle make mistakes about my involvement in religion. You have my word that I won’t allow my discussions to delve into religion. I will only clarify things with my spirituality where appropriate.
Also Bitnik I have some of the best friends who are atheist. We have a deep respect for each others different viewpoints. Lastly Mahirez if I may speak freely. I have no intention on causing problems. If some one asks about a particular project I am doing there are times where I will reference people such as my music pastor or the guitarist who I look up to that plays guitar in Church bands. All I am doing is explaining things in context. I don’t intend on bringing up for example, “The Sermon on the mount.” That would be wrong of me now wouldn’t it? Discussing scripture would be way off topic and I do understand and respect these rules.

3 Likes

welcome maxir4k , hopefully not the " end of the world " yet , we are just getting started …

5 Likes

Your English is much better than my Spanish. You’ll have no problem being understood here.

6 Likes

Welcome All.

I have one Maxim… respect everyone who does no harm to anyone. Listen to “Many Faces” by James, saw themlive last year and it was fab

And church organs get some seriously cool bass from the big pipes.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am an artist and musician from Denver, CO. I have built a few smaller synth projects like the Nova Drone from Casper electronics and some other DIY FX pedals but I’m going in deep into the KOSMO format. I have been following LMNK for a couple of years and it has been inspiring to watch the evolution of Sam’s work. None of this seemed accessible or doable for me until recently. I just wanted to thank everyone for all providing so much helpful information. It has helped me so much already with ordering parts and building my understanding of electronics. This is a really awesome little community of builders.
I am looking forward to starting my build and I’m sure I’ll be asking a lot questions in the future.
Hope everyone is staying healthy safe during these strange time.

Feel free to check out my work: https://www.instagram.com/chrisnugen/?hl=en
Music: https://todaysparamount.bandcamp.com

8 Likes

welcome here @NUGE :slight_smile:
nice créations ! and good zik !

3 Likes

Welcome, other Max! I guess people will need to start using our full user names to address us now. :wink:

1 Like

The original West Coast synthesis.

Barbara Dennerlein started with a Hammond B3 as a young girl, and now she uses church organs a lot. She’s a great jazz organist.

3 Likes

Any thread involving pipe organs needs a bit of dark drone/funeral pop from the awesomeness that is Anna von Hausswolff:

(the organ she’s playing there has 65 voices with a total of 4554 pipes. Sam may need to scale up his drone synths a bit :smiley:)

10 Likes

Hey! I’m also in Denver! I haven’t seen anyone else on here from Denver yet so it’s great to know there’s someone else here besides me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

actually it’s good that

3 Likes

Good what? Von Hausswolff? She’s fantastic. Absolute must see if she happens to perform near you.

The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra may be one of my favourite songs from the last few years, both for how it’s constructed, and for the insane vocal performance.

(I guess I should post this in the inspiration thread, but oh well)

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully we can meet one day once things settle. Definitely interested to see what you’re working on. Do you have any music or anything I can check out?

4 Likes

I love her music so much! Thanks for posting this video, I have never seen it this video before. Maybe you already know these artists, but I’ve also been into Zola Jesus, Ioanna Gika, and Emma Ruth Rundle.

3 Likes

LP 2 Lily,

My contribution to the group has been always keeping within the common interests between all which is DIY synthesizers. I have mentioned that which had my interest as a whole in Kosmo was all the synthesizers have a common interface, the header for power and header for control and audio links the modules and I’ll put a pin in that thought for the moment. I had a thought of myself at the dials of the the DIY synthesizer of my creation which could be wall sized by the way of the average height of a room of which I had placed myself inside with a canon I was beginning to see. I work on music but this DIY synthesizer was the beginning of a different musical project as with everything I worked on before I placed myself as who I see myself as a furry but with this here I’m creating a different furry as an open species. As I see myself I call Fumu and Esopus. The open species I’ve been working on concurrent to this DIY synthesizer. I still have a lot to learn behind all my creative endeavors. I’m happy to help raise up your creative endeavors.

What was my thought behind the links? That made me have a curiosity for the stories that an astronomical phenomenon was caused by a civilization getting their power from the entirety of the energy from a star and caused it to blink and I thought if all the Kosmo synthesizers had a sentience they could have a powerful civilization (that’s what’s behind my name KardashevTypeII.)

-Fumu / Esopus

4 Likes

End of whose world :stuck_out_tongue:
My world has been lost for ages LOL

2 Likes

Alright folks, just a reminder. Lets keep this thread at least mostly about intros. We seem to be straying a bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Logiwonk. I’ve been following LMNC for about a year and decided to get started on building a modular synth. Waiting on my VCO and Filter PCB/panels to arrive and hunting down components. Playing around with my Korg monologue and some arduinos in my spare time and looking forward to a dedicated hobby space in the small house I’m moving to next month. I also go in for a bit of prop replication, working on a 1984 dune project now. Learning 3D modeling/printing. Okay at woodworking, adequate at metal fabrication, amateur blacksmith.

Professional hobby student, to sum me up. Glad to be here.

8 Likes

Welcome @Logiwonk! I’ve been watching that movie this week coincidentally. Are you going to build any audio effects into it? Hopefully you’re not putting tubes in your head too!

2 Likes