Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

Yes, I also think that even € 60 would have been a good price. I also tried to label my panels with the permanent marker, but my writing always looks terrible instead of cool like Sam, or many others here in the forum. So I decided to make the panels with the evil machine (computer). And now I’m getting on quite well. Only the plexiglass is difficult to cut, 90 ° angles are almost impossible … I can have aluminum cut cheaply and only have to drill reasonable holes and print the layout on adhesive foil, so it was the next logical step

6 Likes

Drill a tiny hole right next to the corner of the Plexiglas outside the edge with your new press. It makes cutting easier.

4 Likes

Thomas,

Everyone’s hand labeled panels are in the spirit of themselves. It’s not expected that to use a design from someone that the panels have to copy the spirit of it exactly. All the modules together in a green box with jack mounts, potentiometer mounts and your hand labels is pretty snazzy.

-Fumu / Esopus

5 Likes

Thank you, the green box was more like prototyping. I find e.g. my delay module with he clock and the characters very cool and will do more such designs in the future

4 Likes

Hi , THOGRE yeah Sam’s videos have a way with sucking you into this hobby / rabbit hole . Your stuff looks great ! . And it sounds like you are having fun and thats what is all about .

4 Likes

Oh thx a lot ! I will try it !

2 Likes

Is this the case for orders from abroad as well (but inside the EU)?

4 Likes

Pooh, I can’t tell you that, I just know that in Germany there is no VAT in the shops because of Corona. Unfortunately, I don’t know how things are with orders, sorry

1 Like

So im just a recluse that only goes out because of work. spend most of my time either watching anime/playing games or watching stuff on youtube. i have been a fan of the channel for a bit now, and have been watching a lot of videos recently. love the energy of sam and the sillyness of the videos. the only thing i have made is the simple oscillator, that isnt working quite right due to bad speakers or poor soldering on my protoboard(didnt have strip board) since i cant figure out how to work a bread board XD. i havent gone back to the project due to getting sick from the solder fumes, or the flux/residue gunk on the protoboards i have. big dumb dumb brain here didnt have mask or ventilation running. i have always wanted to get into electric music ever since i found the atari punk box, but never really tried until finding this channel on youtube a year or so. with corona happening i figured now is the time to mess around with this stuff. sending love from the US.

9 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile: to the forum

4 Likes

Welcome. Stay safe. Get stuck in. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the beast’s cage, this is where you get electrified :wink:

love back from germany

1 Like

Now is definitely the time. Welcome!

2 Likes

Hey folks! Realised I haven’t posted here yet.
I’m Tim, I’m from Melbourne Australia. Here’s some pics of my progress so far, I’m working on a basic set of modules for now, but have built a case to hold 3x70cm of modules, for now… P:

I’m a bit stuck at the moment, waiting for parts to finish off all of the modules (except for the filter), so have started working on a case from scrap plywood I had lying around from a teardrop camper build.

10 Likes

Good Start, Welcome…

I can’t see the pick of the Teardrop :wink:

Rob

1 Like

Well then, welcome to the beast’s cage. Here you will be electrified.

It will be a very nice and huge case. I’m looking forward to the finished pictures!

3 Likes

YES. That’s looking like a great setup already. Welcome!

1 Like

I enjoy anime as well, but mostly switched to just manga. Welcome to the forum

1 Like

opmeh

2 Likes

It’s been waiting for warmer weather for me to finish it. Spring has come this week so I’ll be starting to work on it again

9 Likes