Inspiration / what u listening to

using regular expressions to dictate musical phrase repetition is such a nerdy idea i love/hate it. :slight_smile:
15syvj

3 Likes

I think if you pull that off, in the not so distant future scores of young people who have to learn this paradigm when they attend some fancy conservatory will certainly learn to hate it :wink:

4 Likes

I use regex all the time at work. I dont get the hate. Its just glorified wildcards with fancy assertions built in. Like a lot of things, it can be good/bad depending on who uses it, how they use it.

2 Likes

I have given a python course to a bunch of people a few years ago which ended with a chapter on regular expressions. They asked for it themselves but hadn’t realized that this is like learning another abstract language next to python. So most found the topic quite difficult.

2 Likes

Thought someone might appreciate some Kraftwerk as their Monday Afternoon Inspiration :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/M3f-JwOGO1A

4 Likes

it seems the older I get the more weird my taste in music(?) gets.

4 Likes

Some dungeon synth for a doomed monday.

3 Likes

MAGMA
(french band - since 1970 and also alive !)

5 Likes

This was just posted to r/Synthesizers on Reddit. It’s a 1963 album by the Dutch electronic music pioneer Tom Dissevelt.

4 Likes

Yup thats what nightmares sound like when your brain gets fried by cosmic rays.

2 Likes

Sovietwave is an interesting rabbithole.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Great idea! Maybe you could give this a listen:

Nice video as well.

Classical electronic music from the 90s. Saw these guys in Nijmegen (Netherlands) once at a concert in the nineties.

Nice and slow build up, lush tones, nice low bass line, crystal clear sounds (and also originating from ze Fazerland as Henning Wehn would say).

If you like this, there is more:

4 Likes

Another classic, unique in its kind, from the grandmaster himself: Klaus Schulze

From the LP called “X”: Ludwig II. Von Bayern (1978)

A combination of synthesizers, chello and a small String Orchestra.

4 Likes

pinn panelle

These guys created their own bluetooth mods for bass and guitar to make dubsteb, and other electronic music styles, using drums,guitars and keyboards.

Check out what the bassist does … :

2 Likes
2 Likes

this is the thing that the bass player uses . defiantly cool and seems like it could be applied to modular synth stuff easily . the guitarist has some homemade goodies built into his guitar .

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to Tiesto , random trance music. And Pink Floyd.

1 Like

So I mentioned Wintergatan on another thread, which reminded me of this live set from back when they made music and not just mechanical wonders :smiley:

(does any of the resident gearheads recognize the keyboard to the right, btw?)

5 Likes

I don’t, but it looks rather DIY to me:

Also, how rad is this modular setup?:

3 Likes