Inspiration / what u listening to

3 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Damn, that’s funky! :drum:

4 Likes

I Have An Unhealthy Addiction to New Order, here is my Favourite Track

7 Likes

very good choice, so Joy Div’ naturaly !!!

4 Likes

@Dud of course! I love both bands!

4 Likes
4 Likes

My absolute favorites! I can go deeper on Joy Division/New Order than just about anything else.

3 Likes

Me too, usually I have no one else to talk to about it, so it’s nice to see other people have the same interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fuck does an unhealthy obsession to new order look like? :flushed:

3 Likes

An Unhealthy Obsession To New Order Can Be Inflicted in a number of ways:

• Listening to obscure recordings and interviews of the band in the early 80s
  • Listening to all members side projects and thoroughly enjoying them
  • Having a playlist of close to 150+ of Concerts, interviews and such on youtube.
  • Buying all of the discography on Discogs
    All of which I have partaken in :wink:
4 Likes

I fail to see the unhealthy bit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Haha! I guess when you put it like that… :wink:

4 Likes

This is as much a piece of music that relaxes my mind as it is an inspiration to me to make music myself. I’m not in the least trying to write anything like it but the repetitions in it, which I love!, have inspired me to write my own series of pieces with lots of repetitions in it called ‘Ostinato 1, 2, 3 etc.’

In the score of this piece the author uses a style that is not unlike regular expressions, so I have been told. Some of the parts you are obliged to play at least once, but are allowed to repeat as often as you like. Others you have to repeat at least a number of times before you go on etc. But for the most the persons playing the piece determines how long it will last.

This is not the CD version I listen to normally which lasts for 2 hours and some odd 45 minutes. But it is a very nice version of the piece nevertheless and the video shows you nice parts of the Netherlands ( oh and don’t stay up to wait for the mountain ranges to come into view ).

2 Likes

Can you got more into how this music is like Regex? Sounds nice btw. Pieces that focus on Ostinato are relaxing as fuck.

1 Like
4 Likes

Oh, regex. The way the score says ‘play this at least once’, made me think of regular expressions like “a+”, which means "at least one a ". There are several themes that are repeated quite a bit in Simeon’s “Canto”.

Example of one of my pieces:

Ostinato #0

2 Likes

Ah i getchu. Thats an interesting observation. Nice track!
I should make a track thats just a bunch of musical phrases written as “(?<a>[\s\S]{0})”.

4 Likes

Good idea, and then write some audio generator which can play it.

3 Likes