Inspiration / what u listening to

“potentially sensitive content”

5 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:eye::lips::eye:

2 Likes

Raised my kids on Blake’s 7. Happy Days!
Great audio dramas and books available. Great for long workbench events.
Anyway…
So what’s inspiring you all? Hear any good tunes?

There’s a TV thread??

2 Likes

Here it is.

2 Likes

Been obsessed with Gil Scott-Heron’s and Brian Jacksons albums for a while now, so fascinated by Jackson on the keys. The bass part in this one just has moments where it slips perfectly into the overdrive on the accents. Always wondered what it’s played on…

3 Likes

Was watching a Russian film about space called ‘A dream come true’, it’s subtitled and this blinder came up. Enjoy watching old Russian films about space.

Been taking a break from the keyboard and doing some experimental film developing. Decided to get back into taking photos again, was inspired by looking back through some of the photos I was taking 10 years ago.

6 Likes

There’s a beautiful (and to me incomprehensible) Russian 70’s Sci-fi film the title of which translates roughly into “Teens in the Universe.” I’ve been watching it on mute with music playing.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I like to do, got given a list of old Russian space films by a friend for my birthday.

4 Likes

This one is Czechoslovakian. I remember watching it on British television during the early 1980s. It has time travel, Nazis, a Shakespearean twin plot and the funniest Hitler since The Producers.

4 Likes

I’ll be searching for a legal copy to watch tomorrow, what a name for a film! Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

This mess (turn your volume down) I don’t have time for this, yet here I am.
https://greggman.com/downloads/examples/html5bytebeat/html5bytebeat.html#t=0&e=0&s=8000&bb=5d000001002700000000000000001461cc563314abd85223010ff5dd0430f23ac01490ba83586e0f7a8e110bce0c9c7335e29fffa7840000

Instructions are here

1 Like
4 Likes

Lol best rendition since

“Bardcore”

3 Likes

As possibly the most enthusiastic mediaevalist here:

1843767_200x130

5 Likes

ok then

3 Likes

Watching this at the moment:

Interview / discussion about Modular by Kristian Blåsol and Junaito Moore

Interview/discussion with Juanito Moore M4TM (Modular for the Masses)

6 Likes

I meant to post that in the Juanito thread but it was still unlisted when I saw it. Fixing!

3 Likes

A friend just introduced me to Holly Herndon.
Holy Fcking Sht, amazing.
She also happens to have PHD from Stanford’s Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics

Proto

8 Likes

I wish women owned the world . we would be so much better off than the shit show the men have brought us to …

2 Likes

I fully support this revolt.

4 Likes