fμ-Bus Gerbers now Available

4 Likes

does anyone have a guide on adding pics to a github? lol

I’m curious what the expert opinion is about on-bus filtering. Does it actually provide benefits given that filtering is being done downstream on the module boards?

1 Like

me too - I just kinda followed suit with some other makers that I admire.
I suppose some experimental modules may not have the best filtering - or if utilized in a completely DIY setting - this could greatly benefit.

I read some things about power filtering and it just seemed like a good idea lol.

1 Like

It can’t hurt, and for less than a buck why bother unless you’re making several thousands of them…
And you can always leave the caps out.
I’m missing the ferrite glass beads :slight_smile:

Doesn’t Mouser carry the SMD headers ? Or Tayda maybe ?
Because I almost never order at Digikey, and certainly not for just a handful headers, shipping is way too expensive for such a small order.

I could use one on the bench, with nothing sticking out underneath to make a short with whatever it is lying on is a cool plus.

Example from https://github.com/holmesrichards/QuantizerModule:
I created a folder called docs and put some pictures (and other documentation) in there:

Then in the README.md file:

![](docs/quantizer.jpg)

and that picture shows up when you look at the project on GitHub.

2 Likes

“It can’t hurt” and “it helps” are both assertions I don’t feel expert enough to evaluate. And even if “it can’t hurt”, I’d want to omit it if it doesn’t help. (Yes, Mr. Muntz. Here are your wire clippers.)

I’m sure Mouser does, I don’t think Tayda does.

Shipping in the US is a lot cheaper at DigiKey than at Mouser, at least for small orders, but more than Tayda. I go to Mouser when it’s something Digikey and Tayda don’t have, or when I have a Mouser cart to work from (which is rare for me) and it’s a large enough order to justify the shipping. Tayda if they have it and I can wait to get it or can justify DHL shipping, and DigiKey for most other cases. They’re fast and cheap enough for reasonably small orders.

2 Likes

Do the front and back copper pours connect to anything? They seem to be separate from all three rails.

I’m in Europe…
I fill my Mouser cart until I can’t stand it anymore waiting, then I hit the order button and cry at the shipping :frowning:

3 Likes

the back copper is all ground
the rest are .635 traces

Each header has a via in the middle connecting down to the bottom layer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see 'em now. Not used to examining SMT boards as much…

But the front fill is floating?

2 Likes

fixed the top and updated the github :slight_smile: ty

Yeah - its floating on my originals i suppose lol

3 Likes

what is inside the brackets?

i know nothing about coding things like this lol

1 Like

Relative hyperlink.

1 Like

The punctuation is Markdown’s baroque way of saying “here’s an image”. The folder and file name for the image go between the parentheses. Other stuff can go between the square brackets but in this case nothing, just the brackets with nothing between them. And a bang in front of everything.

i cant figure it out… -_-

this does nothing

heres where the pic is.
https://github.com/d42kn355/fu_Bus/blob/documents/fixed.jpg

You need “documents/fixed.jpg” not “fu_Bus/fixed.jpg”.

1 Like

still does nothing.

Looks like you have the file in the root of the repository. Then it’s just ‘fixed.jpg’