Extendable Arduino sequencer

Hi all,

I wanted to share with you my take on the Arduino sequencer. I took a slightly different approach than @analogoutput (great work!), such that this design can easily be tiled into 16, 32, 64 or even more steps.

Below is the current state of the schematic and a few photo’s from my own (8-step) build. The Arduino sketch and the up-to-date version of the schematic can be found on my github page: https://github.com/TimMJN/Arduino-Sequencer

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

Hope this is helpful to anyone!

Cheers,

Tim

10 Likes

That is badass. I love the panel!

3 Likes

:+1:

6 Likes

Very nice build !!! have you some vid/sound somewhere ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reminds me of:
unnamed

3 Likes

3 Likes

I waited a good 10 seconds for that image to load… O_O

7 Likes

I made some esperiments with an ATmega328 programmed asa simple 8-step sequenzer but in my test I didn’t use an external clock. Instead I hooked up a potentiometer to the ATmega in a way that I could change the speed but also turning the pot one way the sequenzer went UP and turning it the other way the sequenzer went DOWN.
However sequenzers are GREAT stuff so I will look into this design. Maybe use something like it to generate trigger signals.

1 Like

Maybe also check out the morse gate generator (on this board), it has both internal and external clocks

2 Likes

I’ve put a simple demo of me toying around with it here. Voice 1 goes into pitch of a square wave, voice 2 goes into filter cutoff.

1 Like

thx, cool !
i add it dirrectely here :wink:

6 Likes

SWEET! This is nice. If you scaled this to 16 or 32 steps, would you have to use smaller knobs or what?

2 Likes

Or get a bigger panel :smirk::smirk:

This circular arrangement looks cool for 8 steps, but I think it gets pretty impractical for 16 or 32 steps. A linear arrangement is much more space efficient :wink:

2 Likes