And even even a genuine Arduino:
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

6951399_preview

It’s freakin’ beautiful.

-Fumu / Esopus

3 Likes

Beastly! Is this the first 40cm’er?

The decadrone is Kosmo compatible. The keyboard sequencer is the first one that’s going in any of my cases. The decadrone I’m building for education.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

Ahhh, I have been regularly checking for nearly a fortnight for this one to come in… Now I just have to wait for shipping to do its thing, yay!

1 Like

Think the MegaDrone was also 40cm, a big chunk of panel for sure!

2 Likes

yep! well I had to test a few different arduinos. reason being was to keep the original spirit of the first one it needed use all of the digital and analog pins. and some of the cheap ones treat the RX pin differently to others making it a tad complicated, I am updating the page with BOM schem etc later, also a picture of how to identify if your Arduino nano clone will work.

2 Likes

yeah! unfortunately with the big ones I dont know why it just take a lot longer to get it figured out and sorted. I guess just the sheer mass of parts etc. also figuring out the packaging, ie not using too much packaging that its grotesque but making sure its packed enough. also adds bulk to the whole thing.

I posted out a small batch last week of them and the box was so heavy haha. it has moorecircuit boards than the mega drone pcb so its a tad heavier to shift.

After this there is a handful of small modules then the next one in the BIG modules is the BIG MUMMA DELAY, which is better late than never!!!

1 Like

yep! this one is a chunk. like the megadrone panel but with a couple of extra boards

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for a module in the allusive 60cm/80cm format detailed on the official Kosmo spec page :wink:

4 Likes

so, do the jacks above the buttons send a gate only when a button is touched, or when the sequencer reaches the corresponding step?

Per the schematic, the step output jacks are connected via an op amp buffer and resistor to the step pins on the Arduino. So the gate is on whenever that step is active.

2 Likes

hey up yeah so there are gate outputs for each step. so you can wire in a simple drum beat for instance, or use those steps to set a reset to shorten the length of the sequence.

but the gate outputs also go to the switches so, if you flick the switches up it sends a gate out of the collective trigger out, if you flick it down it just sends a trigger whenever a step changes.

so to answer your question sorry I misread it completely. yeah its the corresponding step. however! there is also a gate output that goes high whenever the buttons are touched, which is there if you want to use it as a keyboard!

however if for some reason you wanted to wire it up so the separate gate outs only work when the button is touched, you could use an “and” gate module for instance plug in the gate output of the buttons and also the gate out for that specific step

3 Likes

is @d42kn355 's braids module not an 80cm? or is it 90?

2 Likes

It might be 7.5cm but I don’t have one so I can’t vouch for it.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like