DAW Ins and Outs Module?

Nice piece of kit. Anyone have a schematic? I’d quite like to make something like this.

2 Likes

The UP channels are set to take a line level 1v peak to peak signal and amplify it to the eurorack standard of 10v peak to peak at the output. The DOWN sections perform the opposite level shift… the levels can be altered using the trimmer pots on the board

Sounds very much like a dual version of the Stomp Box Adapter, with variable gain set to 10x instead of the fixed 21x. Take the Stomp Box Adapter, replace the 470R with a 1k trimmer, and that might do it. Again, for mono unbalanced inputs.

6 Likes

Cheers Rich. That makes sense. Any ideas of how I could display the output level?

2 Likes

There’s a drop-in breakout with 1/4" TRS balanced to unbalanced jack on one end and unbalanced out, power and ground on the other end. It is available at SparkFun THAT 1206 InGenius Breakout - BOB-14002 - SparkFun Electronics. It does only the balanced/unbalanced conversion (really cleanly), not the extra gain. It will run on 12v (Euro and Kosmo) and 15v (dotcom/MOTM 5u) systems.

5 Likes

Looks great, cheers for the links dude. So maybe one of these in with an op amp type circuit after to boost the gain and then attenuate the signal down just using my interface gain inputs? Might be way off with that though. All thoughts most welcome

Also just wondering if I could just use this module ?

Seems like the gain control could boost the line level signal to Modular level then just turn the gain way down on my interface to attenuate the signal before going into the computer again?

1 Like