Best way to Make Kosmo Eurorack Interactible?

Hello to all of you !

I just bought my first two Kosmo Modules.
My powersupplie is going to be one from clicks&clocks
as its going to be a case where both eurorack and Kosmo
modules are going to sit next to each other.

Now my biggest question/concern are the jacks.
Can i just interchange them to 3.5mm ones ?
Would a 6.3 to 3.5 Jack Converter Utility Module be a good answer ?
Im just tossing thoughts around, but i want to get a feeling what would make more sense (for a well prepared start). When i order the parts, i dont want to feel bad, a second after the purchase is taken xD

Im very interested what your thoughts are going to be !

Best wishes to all of you.

2 Likes

hello,
some guys here have added washers to put mini jack on Kosmo modules, otherwise I do not have Eurorack but a Beatstep Pro which also mini jack, so I made a small big to mini conversion module (which works in both ways, moreover, since it is passive . [here]

there is another thread about that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sam’s been pretty straightforward about the interchangeability of the two. In addition to @Dud 's solutions, If you wanted you could use a standard guitar/pedal cable and a converter like this to make Eurorack compatible with Kosmo, or you could build something like this:

3 Likes

I’m planning a new case that’ll have space for both Eurorack and Kosmo modules, and between the two will be a panel, 75 mm high and the width of the case, with (among other things) something like what’s in that Instructable. But instead of pairs of jacks, it’ll be one 1/4" connected to three 3.5 mm, or vice versa, so they’ll double as passive multiples.

7 Likes

Thanks for all your great answers !

I will definitely order a few jacksockets in both sizes !
The buildplan looks heavily doable, and like a great starting point to get a bond with the soldering iron, before i let it onto the shiny new kosmo pcbs :slight_smile:

Thanks alot guyrlsallpeoples !

4 Likes

Sounds like an excellent plan!

2 Likes

Your’re looking for a Format Jumbler.
Many people make them!
Here is one I am making but with banana jacks as well

Here is another I made

5 Likes

I like its name !
And i have to say you did great work on the technical drawings aswell as the build.
Fine Stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is great < i built 4 of these already.

1 Like

3.5mm - 1/4"

2 Likes

just updated this actually -
added pads for banana jacks - 8 to tip and 1 pad for a GND jack

2 Likes

while I can see need / use of the multiple type jack interfaces. this is what I have been doing . the wires are soldered to the back side of the board that the 1/4" jacks would push into .

2 Likes

You will see why I made it VERY soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Finally finished JMBLR & GRNDS (Jumbler and Grounds)
JMBLR:

GRNDS:

Can’t wait to see em realized!

6 Likes

SUPER NICE !
How inspirative this Thread got in a short amount of time !
Thanks for all still adding up to it !
This will help alot, when i finally have finished building my to bought modules !

Cheers

2 Likes

4 Likes