Cheap Component Search

There’s a math plugin (https://www.discourse.org/plugins/mathjax.html) that uses $ to mark expressions, but I don’t think that’s enabled by default.

Let’s test:

Money: It’s 180 feet for $15, or about $0.08/foot.

Math: E=MC^2

E=MC^2

(right now, before saving, the money bit looks right in the preview, the math doesn’t).

(right now, after saving, Discourse ate the $ signs around the math formulas, but didn’t do any other fancy rendering. The money bit still looked right. Hmm.)

It’s weird. I used dollar signs in a previous message in this thread, no problem.

Test: It’s 180 feet for $15, or about $0.08/foot.

(The dollar signs show in the preview, but they did before, too.)

(And now it works. Huh.)

The dollar is very unstable right now

6 Likes

What potentiometers among the TT Electronics P09x Series on Mouser can match the usual of the bom?

What I’ve discovered among them is they have different types of shaft (smooth, d shaft with different orientation of the flat side and knurned), they have different shaft length and some are switched so they’re all a little different from others. It all makes it difficult to find the one that matches the usual “suspects” all of us will find work better.

https://www.mouser.com/TT-Electronics/Passive-Components/Potentiometers-Trimmers-Rheostats/Potentiometers/P09x-Series/_/N-9q0yp?P=1z0ybhmZ1yvjsv8Z1yzvm30Z1yhozxvZ1y9k5wmZ1y9etnxZ1yzrbotZ1z140ea

does anyone have a good source for the vertical alpha pots on mainland europe?
i’m in need for lots of b100k and b10k pots, the only source i can find is musikding.de but they seem to only stock small quantities…

1 Like

there is CONRAD but a little expensive i find

1 Like

i could never find those vertical 9mm alpha pots on their website… do you have a link?

i’m thinking but no… sorry …

Yeah, it’s a real problem! someone here had them on aliexpress, I remember, but I can not find there. There is also uk-electronic with the alpha 9mm pots, but I could not find b100k… maybe also out of stock?

ECR tester LC-T4 ~6 bucks - handy device, especially if you recycle components from broken/old PCBs

Its on Atmega, so I looked up for FW update. Found out, that this is very interested story behind this device, grab some links:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/6175/

And yes, as you can see FW is still updated by the community : )

What about ready to convert into module signal generator for 4-5 bucks?

Found out this idea on Reddit, gotta try soon.

And last, but not least - 1$ ready-to-mod sound bending module. Record up to 10s

Based on ISD1820 as you may expect, nice guide here:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Lo-Fi-Voice-Sampler-Circuit-Bending-/

1 Like

This is handy for selecting capacitors. For the best timing of the 3340 it looks like the right choice is polystyrene.

Polystyrene Film : … With temperature coefficients as low as 30-40ppm (special) and typically less than 120ppm (standard), they have excellent linearity of temperature coefficient … Dielectric Absorption (.02%) is the lowest found in any capacitor variety. This makes the polystyrene cap the first choice for all critical timing circuits, such as VCO …

1 Like

i don’t buy from uk-electronic because the owner is posting lots of far-right / conspiracy theory bullshit on the internet…

5 Likes

Oh shit! I did not know that! Thank you for the info! I did buy some jacks there but I won’t do it again!

3 Likes

very good decision, fully agree with that

3 Likes

Secret tip: I asked the people at musikding if they could reserve some pots for me, because they did also not have enough then and they kindly did. It took ~2 weeks but I got around 50 b100k then :wink:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Good to know others are also subscribed to those notifications. Beat me to it!

1 Like

ok what’s our guess on which 9mm pots the next module will need?

Maybe this is why they haven’t had a sale, they’ve been waiting for the pots to arrive and the orders to come in

3 Likes