US Part Suppliers - Switches, Knobs, Pots, etc

Some of my favorites have been -

Modular Addict - 9mm Alpha Pots, Knobs, DIY PCB’s, etc.

SynthCube - Obscure Jacks and other various Modular Supplies.

SparkFun - This is specifically where I get my 2 Pin Molex Connectors, but they have tons of other stuff as well.

Love My Switches - I often buy the TruConnect 1/4" Jacks from here.

Perfect Circuit - Great for Eurorack 16 to 10 Pin Cables, and other various supplies.

There are some obvious others for really common parts, like Tayda, Mouser, etc.

For IC’s I often utilize Amazon Prime and Ebay.
Over the last year, having Amazon Prime has probably saved me over 300 in shipping on random parts orders… lol

Hope some of these help others!

3 Likes

Ive mentioned it before, but Tayda is the best for the common stuff. If it isnt a very specific IC its usually cheaper there.

2 Likes

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/
mostly guitar pedal related but I found polystyrene caps here and delivery was pretty quick .

3 Likes

Similarly https://www.amplifiedparts.com/. I’ve sometimes found they’ve had 9 mm PCB mount pots that are out of stock everywhere else.

Their current front page indicates they’re specifically going after DIY synth customers, though Tayda remains my first choice if they have stock.

5 Likes

Looks like Modular Addict is down for a while…

Yeah, it’s been a hot minute…

Logan got married and moved - he was their main builder and was the whole shipping dept.
I believe their brick and mortar has since shut down in milwaukee and they will eventually resume online sales.

3 Likes

And Thonk is closed for new orders until Saturday. Looks like it’s SynthCube’s week!

3 Likes

And there’s another rabbit hole I got stuck in

3 Likes

Anybody who seriously argues that a hot minute means a long time clearly hasn’t been around long enough to understand what they’re talking about.

1 Like

One might say, they’ve only been around a…

a…

well…

a HOT MINUTE!

2 Likes

Picked it up from my wife who, as far as I can tell, has been saying it for a hot minute.

1 Like

Rabbit hole further explored. There seems to only be one comment on that page pointing out what to me is obvious. “It’s been a hot minute” is meant ironically. Same as just saying “it’s been a minute” to mean “in forever”.

2 Likes

A hot minute smacks of Raymond Chandler to me but then it’s always fun to imagine all north American accents sound like Humphrey Bogart.

Cannot say this discussion has made me much wiser :grinning: but I just clicked in to 2MTLN’s latest bedroom cover (this time doing Robyn in the style of Thin Lizzy), and of course someone’s talking about being in a band for “hot second” in the comments. Baader Meinhof etc.

On the inverse a hot minute fits right at home with any Cockney speaker… ello guvnor been around a hot minute eh…

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

Site’s back up! …

2 Likes

6 Likes

oh hek​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

what’s up?

1 Like