Suggestions for part-suppliers in germany?

Hello to all fellow d.i.y humans on this forum !

I sit in germany and i struggle to find a good part-supplier around me.
Are there any recommendations to choose ?

Cause what sense would it make to buy from the linked ones in the kosmo module build pdfs, letting them come from somewhere with fat shipping costs. (i mean they already get shipped around)

Maybe you are the one that can help me as you are reading this :slight_smile:
Best wishes

3 Likes

musikding.de is surprisingly cheap and they have lots of stuff by now. also it’s the only german supplier of the alpha pots that sam uses, that i know of.
and then there is conrad of course and mouser, who most of the time ship from the us (quite fast) but i think also have a warehouse in mĂĽnchen.
also i just found out that about 300m from where i live there is a small electronics store which has lots of parts in stock. a little more expensive than the internet but it’s fun to go there and find new stuff. plus support your local dealer :wink: maybe you have a similar store around and didn’t realize it for years like me.

4 Likes

maybe some info here

4 Likes

I get some stuff from reichelt.de, for some stuff, they are cheaper than musikding, for other stuff not. It’s a pain checking all this stuff out! xD
The jacksockets that Sam uses I could not find them anywhere, so I made a tayda order and it arrived after 2 Weeks. Even with shipping for a lot of stuff that is the cheapest option! (make sure to stay below 20€ including shipping, otherwise you get problems with customs).
I recently found the switches (on-off-(on)) and correct dpdt and spdt for the modules on reichelt, I will post links here when I find them again! they are cheaper on tayda, but reichelt is faster.

2 Likes

DPDT switch:

SPDT switch with (on) - off - on as for the mini adsr:

I have not yet tested those, but from the specs they should work!
Give me some time and I will do some BOM links for a few of the models!

1 Like

I have to ask a few tech interested people around me, where, if they are buying parts, tend to do it !
But yes the possibility is not that little, i just found out that one of the biggest suppliers for some kind of industry needed stuff, is just about 100km from me… Maybe thats a little close minded, as the big fat players gotta be somewhere, but i get what you mean, you kneva knov !

The mentioning of the customs is a think to consider yes !
But well then i think have to go on with my search, as it seems, that there is no 100% supplier (for the main parts, not knobs and such)

Hmmmmm.
Tricky…
Or buying a LOOOOT more with shipping and maybe customs…

Ah and btw, what does “BOM-links” mean ?

BOM = Bill of Materials, i.e. list of components in a build. As an example, here’s a copy of Sam’s Fart Box BOM. If you want to get fancy, you add links to some supplier’s product pages to simplify ordering, but those tend to break or go weird so not always worth the effort.

(btw, we have a forum glossary that explains a lot of terms!)

1 Like

@pilzfuss: If anybody is looking for discontinued components…
http://www.electronicpool.de
They had some ancient RAM chips for my Eventide H910 and MN300X bucket delay chips as well.

4 Likes

cool stuff there , but I had to ask one of the kids to translate for me :wink:

1 Like

For a while i repaired vintage audio modules and built 19" racks for them. We used to order parts from https://de.rs-online.com/web/

They may not be the cheapest but delivery inside germany is very fast.

1 Like

Yeah! It’s crazy fast! I ordered rotary switches there at 7 or 8 in the evening and they arrived the next day before noon!!

1 Like

Thats enlightening, and i should have been able to guess that xD
And i later realized that the literal document from the two modules i bought,
that comes with them, is called BOM… well well well

Ah well and if that helps in any way its the :

Well that would be crazy help !

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, I use the UK RS site from time to time. They seem to be good for transformers!

1 Like

I have to copy it into here, cause i cant really bend my mind about this situation, and i feel a little bit lost with my current base of information…

I am in the phase of case planning, and i wonder if i can screw the Kosmo Modules into eurorack rails?

Of course with noting, that they are way taller.

That way i could buy the rails from the same supplier and make a combicase with difference in height but everything out of one family of components.

If anybody could Clear that up, i would be super grateful !

No reason why not. The one problem is the LMNC VCF apparently has different vertical hole spacing than the others so to mount that on the same rails would require drilling new panel holes, I suppose. Other than that all the LMNC modules use 3.2 mm diameter holes 194 mm apart.

Because the modules have metric widths, Kosmo isn’t really compatible with HP-spaced threaded inserts. You’d need to use slide nuts.

See Kosmo Specification (and follow up with further questions in that topic).

1 Like

You certainly can, but I would advise using slide nuts in order to avoid wide gaps between modules. You may need to enlarge some holes to get them to line up horizontally, but really just the performance filter out of Sam’s modules. A standard 19" rack size (84 HP) fits about 42.5 cm worth of modules.

Here’s my 5 U rack using Vector rails:

4 Likes

There is also https://www.conrad.de/
and http://www.banzaimusic.com/home.php

Banzai dauert manchmal etwas länger !

Have Fun

Well yes !
Nice for mentioning the second one. I didnt know that one.

I just got my mind that far, that i could realise, that there is the easy possibility of sending the BOM to the shops support and just ask directly if they can provide the stuff !
Well that makes everything a WHOLE lot easier :full_moon_with_face:

Thanks for all the replies !
I have to take a look at the Build suggestions :slight_smile:

Ah well nice :slight_smile:
I want to use “sliders” eitherway so, thats fitting already then.
Nice.

1 Like