Cheap Component Search

Oh wow. I ordered today a bunch of potentiometer and chips (TL072 and ICM7555). ICM7555 were out of stock, tho.
Prices are really good. I am waiting for the parcel, now.

2 Likes

End of an era, folks. What’s it been, a year? year and a half? Nano 3.0 Controller Compatible with Arduino Nano USB Driver tiny

5 Likes

ooh they are cheap. they have all gone up in UK arduino nano’s

2 Likes

But how many are available after your order?

4 Likes

I dunno, should I leave a couple, you think?

2 Likes

I hear secondary market is pretty strong right now.

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a couple. I had Just checked a few days ago.

I’m looking for 100K 9mm T18 Shaft Vertical Potentiometers from U.S. suppliers and it seems like they’re out of stock most places. I’ve checked Amazon, Modularaddict and all over the web. The only place I can find them is thonk but I’m hoping to avoid paying ridiculous shipping, anyone know where I could source them?

Untracked shipping from Thonk to US is very reasonable — a lot cheaper than domestic shipping from Mouser, for instance. Though probably very slow these days.

Tayda has them

though again the cheap shipping will be slow. But maybe faster than Thonk.

1 Like
3 Likes

Awesome, thanks. somehow didn’t see them on Tayda earlier. Started building the VCADSR and realized I was all out of 100Ks, guess I’ll have to wait to finish it.

“18T”? No wonder they didn’t show up in a search!

Thanks, bit pricey though compared to the tayda listing. seems like there’s a lot of price variation between vendors

Even though the word “Alpha” appears there, the Tayda listing is for non Alpha pots — it says “Manufacturer: Tayda Electronics” though of course that’s nonsense, they’re made for Tayda by Hong Yuan Electronic Technology. Cheaper than Alphas, but seem to be fine.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. Is alpha the same company that makes the AS3340?

1 Like

No, that’s Alfa.

What do you mean, confusing? Perfectly simple. :laughing:

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Not sure what you’re referring to, I don’t think I said anything was confusing :thinking:

@analogoutput was just joking about the fact that two very common components discussed here, the “Alpha” Potentiometers, and the reproduction chips like the AS3340 by the manufacturer “Alfa”, are inconveniently names very phonetically similar. :slight_smile:

3 Likes