Cheap Component Search

Ahh, it turns out this chip is actually just some PT2399s in some glue! So pretty much the same effect as the reverb sound that Sam describes in his triple splashback video.

There is a DIY through hole PCB that also has feedback+cv here: https://thonk.co.uk/documents/springreverb/Spring_Reverb_Mkii_Build_Doc_v1.00.pdf

It’s eurorack, but I think it could be bodged into a Kosmo panel without too much pain. Interestingly, it supports both spring tanks and your funny reverb chip simultaneously.

2 Likes

That leads to a pretty good article, about that reverb but also some observations about spring reverbs generally

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your tips !! :slight_smile:

I have find a really simple but nice stereo circuit, this is the version of fonitronik

1 Like

Tayda has great prices for potentiometers right now! Pretty much any “alpha” style versions for just 0.59$ per piece !!! So stock up quickly while supplies last!
image image

Cheers
THOGRE

1 Like

That’s Tayda’s house brand, made by HongYuan. More discussion and review :slight_smile: here:

And i thought i´ve found something fancy and brand new and i´m the Hero right now … :frowning:

2 Likes

Well, you do get bonus points for posting it in the right thread :slight_smile::+1:

5 Likes

12 rotarty switch is at JAMECO electronics or All Electronics here in USA. Tayda is everyones go to place though and on rotary should be make before break.

I’m so confused why you responded to this post of mine from Jan. 2020… :thinking:

2 Likes

you don’t always see posts when they are posted . so if you are not paying attention to the date , which I have done.

Linking Female Pin Headers for MOSFETs per @djsuspicion.

1 Like

Anyone ordering from Germany ?

Never tried Tayda and I was wondering about the time it takes.

Used until now Aliexpress but have to say the time waiting started to be heavy on me. In the past months its been always 60 - 90 days plus. Just horrific.

I ordered there a few times and the standard shipping took around 2 weeks each time. Maybe three…

1 Like

Tayda has a good DHL deal for Thailand to Europe (just over $10 for 2-3 day shipping), but it can get expensive quickly if you have to pay customs fees on top of that (DHL will always charge you if you hit whatever limit Germany uses to make sure things make it through customs without delay, while customs usually don’t check all incoming regular mail – but I don’t know how thorough German post is, though, so no idea what your odds are).

1 Like

I asked Tayda about it and the reply is that these packages go through customs and might get taxed - they can’t say how much that will cost. They offered tho to put a lower price tag on it & make second lower invoice.

Question is for me now, does even standard slow shipment go through customs & gets taxed?

1 Like

That’s customs fraud so not very clever of them to say that.

All mail goes through customs, but customs tend to only check some % of the packages so if you go that route it’s a game of luck.

Check your country’s customs site for duties/taxes and how they’re calculated. E.g. for Germany, see here. No customs fees for orders <150 euro, no taxes for orders <22 euro.

1 Like

Also be aware that this 22€ limit will be gone from July 1st! Then you need to pay 19% extra on everything, plus a service fee of ~5€

https://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Postsendungen-Internetbestellungen/Sendungen-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/Zoll-und-Steuern/Aenderungen_ab_01072021/aenderungen_ab_01072021_node.html

I may be late to the party on this one… but Tayda added a Save Cart/Share Cart Option!!

5 Likes

Hello guys, I organize an electronic workshop with children in less than a month. Unfortunately I’m missing a lot of components and tools.
I’m usually working with aliexpress, tayda or Banzai, but it could take more than 3 weeks to come to france.
So I’m looking for a quick supplier in europe.
Any idea ? Anyone already experienced with mouser or radio spare ?
Thanks a lot

No idea what local professional suppliers you have in France (*), but Mouser and Digikey are international suppliers that ship stuff in less than a week to most of Europe, But so does Tayda if you use the DHL option (which isn’t that expensive, typically $10-15 door to door).

(the upside with DHL, beyond speed, is that things don’t get stuck in customs, since that’s part of what you’re paying for – downside is that you always have to pay tax and fees, when applicable)

(*) checking large European suppliers gives me www.d4online.com (FR), www.tme.eu/fr (PL), fr.rs-online.com (UK), www.conrad.fr (DE), www.reichelt.fr (DE) and I’m sure there are others. Not all of them ship from France, but most shouldn’t need more than a few days to get your order to you.

2 Likes