Buffered Multiples Eurorack Gerber and Panel

Since there was a discussion in another thread about Buffered vs Un-buffered Modules -

Here is a nice Buffered Multiple that has recently popped up in the Eurorack DIY Group on Facebook.

Designed by Davy Krokket (filthyhabits) and is available on Github.

6 Likes

Now that’s an extreme multiple!

3 Likes

Incidentally, I spent an inordinate amount of time today trying to figure out where I found the schematic for my 4x4 summing mixer multiple because i want to build another one soon. Turns out it’s from Nor Eurorack. It’s essentially a junior version of the Extreme Mult!

From the site:

8 Likes

omg - i absolutely love how you held the board in place with resistors lol. <3

6 Likes

Just to be clear, that picture is from the site where I got the schematic. But I did the same thing :crazy_face:

Anyway, ordered the extreme (and combined it with another order I already had in production, so it was only an extra $0.90 for shipping!)

5 Likes

Hello!
The github seems to be empty now, did you happen to save the files?

1 Like

hmm - looks like he took it down :frowning:

I no longer have the files - as this was back when my hard drive crashed - Christian had some manufactured - he can go on JLC and download the job file from his order history :slight_smile:

@ChristianBloch

Thanks!
I found other gerber files but bigger.
I was really interested in the 2hp mult faceplate

I have one unbuilt, if all else fails it could be reverse engineered from that.

2 Likes

Thanks,
I don’t really want to bother anyone about that.
I just see kits for passive 2hp mults sell for 25€ which is more than i think it’s worth.

Probably that’s mostly for the panel. Here’s a screen shot from Front Panel Express of a 2HP Eurorack panel for which they charged $41.39.

Screenshot from 2020-12-31 08-01-48

Presumably cheaper in quantity, and maybe there are front panel fabricators cheaper than FPE, but probably not cheap enough to get even kits, let alone assembled modules, down much below 25€, unless the aluminum panel is eliminated in favor of FR4.

You’re right, I forgot they were aluminium panels.
I’d like to try them as pcb panels, see if they hold up.
I am not versed in Eagle but a frind might help me out.
Thanks!

I’m happy to download and share those files, but it’s a 4HP module, just to be clear.

6 Likes

yes please!
I will keep looking for a 2hp file

Are you looking for passive or buffered multiples?

For passive multiples no PCB is needed, just a panel with holes for jacks. If you have a blank panel and a drill you can make the panel in 10 minutes and wire it up in another 10 or so.

1 Like

Yeah I know,
I’m not looking for pcbs for passive mults, it does indeed make little sense.
I want to have JLC make me 2hp pcbs with holes to use as front panels and mount my jacks on them.
So I am really just trying to find gerber files to make clean 2hp panel with holes.
You know what it’s like when you try to drill a perfect row of 8 holes :slight_smile:

I was surprised no-one had published files of the sort and I am helpless when it comes to eagle.
I think I know someone who can help me out, I’ll see if it works out.

I can only offer you gerbers for euro rack format panels with 3.5 mm jacks.

2 Likes

Thanks jos!
It’s another useful variation