Arduinoboy not communicating with gameboy?

I’ve been trying to get a DIY Arduinoboy working and I’m at my wits end with it (sorry for the wall of text post but I’ve run out of ideas), it seems to be recieving midi (in mGB mode the status light flashes when it is recieving midi packets and the mode lights light up matching whichever channel I send midi on) but I cannot get it to talk to my GBA at all, I’ve tried multiple different pinouts but from what I can tell the first one I tried is the correct one since I’ve referenced it to about 5 different sources now, and I’ve even tried mirroring it just in case I was reading them wrong, of course I’ve tried swapping the RX and TX lines too with no luck - mGB just doesn’t do anything.
I’m using an Arduino Uno and a GBA with an EZ Flash Omega, I have no idea if its my gameboy or my flashcart either since I don’t have any others to test with (I have a DMG gameboy but I don’t have a link cable for it to cut up and I don’t have a flashcart for it). Also I am using mGB 1.2.4 as versions 1.3.0 and up do not boot on the EZ Flash, I don’t know if that is related to my issue though.

1 Like

Hi, welcome. Im sorry I haven’t made the arduinoboy myself. If all is running regardless id go back through the code and trace hardware connections too for a fault. Sam? @lookmumnocomputer

1 Like

Update time, for any future people who find there way here with a similar problem its working now and the only thing I’ve changed is that I’m using a ripoff everdrive gb now instead of the EZ Flash so it seems it was the the EZ Flash all along or so it seems

4 Likes

Thanks for posting your solution!

Im using an EZ flash so maybe its just some firmware version or something stupid. glad you got it workin tho!

2 Likes