MIDI to CV with Arduino (Hagiwo)

Another Arduino project from Hagiwo :slight_smile:

DIY eurorack modular synth MIDI to CV with Arduino MIDI library / switched on bach BWV846

My 11th original eurorack modular synth DIY projects with arduino. Converts MIDI output to CV output from novation circuit or arturia keystep. I am planning to make a stand-alone synthesizer using YAMAHA’s PCM sound source IC, and I had to learn MIDI control for that. Already there are great open source modules like MIDI2CV , but I had to reinvent the wheel to learn MIDI. This time, I learned how to control MIDI with Arduino by making my own MIDI to CV module.

working documents ( Source code )

Link to MIDI2CV (It’s a great product that I was inspired.)

3 Likes

@HAGIWO writes there:

Also, since serial communication with the PC is not possible, the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE cannot be used either.
(Maybe there is a workaround)

One workaround is to use the SoftwareSerial library for MIDI, freeing up the hardware serial for the serial monitor. Unfortunately SoftwareSerial is too slow for MIDI when using a sequencer or the like, but it could be used to debug with single key presses. Then switch to hardware serial when done debugging.

Another workaround is to use an OLED display for diagnostic messages.

See:

3 Likes

@HAGIWO, your schematic shows the MIDI jack connected to ground. This is incorrect. See:

from

2 Likes