Analog Output Mikrokosmos

svg2shenzhen seems a bit buggy…
Mainly on the Edge.Cuts layer, maybe the drill too.

Too bad because it is a great way to design frontpanels !
Draw your stuff in the correct layers, clic export to Kicad, check in Kicad if everything is OK, export as gerbers, done…

1 Like

Yeah, I found that to be the case too. I tried that plugin mainly for the drill file export because I was having all sorts of issues with getting a drill file from the Illustrator Mutable Instruments files. After it getting to be so frustrating I just found a work around by bringing in the drill file that gave me errors but gave me a visual placement of the holes and using it as a template to redraw the holes in kiCad.

1 Like

OK, I think I have finished that job…

I don’t need the MicIn jack, so I removed it.
That freed up space to move the Gain pot further away from the performance surface.
Now it will have to be wired to the PCB.
This implied I need a second screw to attach the PCB, so the ex-pot hole got resized to screw size.
On the PCB, I added a mounting hole in the middle of the pot footprint.
This in turn necessitated to reroute two tracks.

@analogoutput Before sending this to JLCPCB, would you be kind enough to review it ?
You can obviously add this to your repo.

3 Likes

Looks reasonable to me, I’ll add it to the repo once you’ve gotten it and checked it.

3 Likes

Can you use this bad boy as an envelope follower if plug into that mic input?

1 Like

Nope, it’d be… a mic input.

MI’s Ears module was based on the Mikrophonie, and they did add an envelope follower circuit to it. Which is something I’ve thought about doing in a hypothetical future revamp, but don’t hold your breath for that.

1 Like

Thank you, it will be ordered this week-end.

Build of the first module (of 5) finished…
I still have to find my roll of double sided tape to attach the piezo :slight_smile:
And maybe a drop of black paint on the screw heads…

back

Testing will have to wait until next year… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I suggest getting some black screws :blush:. Looks neat!

4 Likes

they [ mikrokosmos ] are a lot of fun you can plug all your piezo creations into them .

4 Likes

Ok, it seems to work OK.
Is that offset (average output) normal ?
It goes up to 2.0V if I turn the pot to it’s max.

All 5 are now built, save for 4 pots… which will go in my next Tayda order.

I’m still wondering about that offset… about 150mV at min gain, close to 2.0V at max gain (according to the scope, which is not the most accurate voltmeter… :slight_smile: )
But I noticed the cheap PSU I’m using right now is slightly assymetric (about +12.1V and -11.9V), could that be the cause of the offset ?

3 Likes

Screenshot from 2021-07-23 09-17-16
:smiley:

8 Likes

yeah man , all the cool kids have Analog Output stuff in their rack.

6 Likes

I designed the Gate Grinder so long ago, I don’t even remember putting an Intel processor in it!

5 Likes