I’m starting this thread to commit myself to a project I’ve tried and failed to start a few times now, but it’s time to push through to attain the sounds I’m after. I might need some help along the way, and it’d be great to get input ideas from the community here as well.
I am trying to design a PCB/Panel for a programmable, Arduino Nano based KOSMO module that will allow me to implement in hardware ideas I need for my musical projects.
It will feature:
- Three 1/4" board-mounted Inputs (0-5V), 1 1/4" board-mounted Output (0-10V) and 3 board-mounted Potentiometers
- Two bi-color LEDs, for feedback
- Arduino and Eurorack Power connectors on the rear of the module
- 5cm Wide, Kosmo-height Panel
My attempts so far have been built on @analogoutput 's ‘DAC/INO’, which is in turn based on the ‘Synapse’ project.
Some software I’d like to build:
- Clock Synced LFO
- Ranger / Range LFO
- Sample and Hold
- Melody Generator
- Euclidean Rhythm Generator
- Motor Quantizer
- Bezier Envelope Generator
- Clap Enveloper Generator
- Vult-based filters and oscillators (maybe!)
- CV Looper (if memory allows)
- Chordizer (With multiple modules)
- Logic Gates
- Clock Divider / Multiplier
This weekend, I’m hoping to finalize the schematic and start working on the board layout and panel, assuming the weather isn’t too nice to keep me inside. Results will be made available as gerbers that anybody can send off to a manufacturing shop.
More updates soon!