Analog Output Mikrokosmos

Yeah…Small Bear has them…but over $2 a pot I’d rather wait the three weeks for aliexpress. And Mouser is over $4 each :astonished: Everywhere else is out of stock. Unless I went with the plastic shaft no-threads which I’d rather not do. Just need to be patient since my budget for the month has already been blown enough to pay over $2 a pot for faster.

I did order an extra PT2399 or two so I may just whip up a stripboard single or dual delay with panel mount pots to tide me over. The CBG through the Mikro and MS-20 is entertaining me pretty well…but I’d really like to get a delay on there. Will see what mood strikes me later :wink:

2 Likes

You have a Neutron, right?

1 Like

I do, but I haven’t had much luck patching through the delay - the way some things are connected in there by default always messes me up. Besides, the main reason I bought the extra 2399’s was because I wanted to build something from scratch with them anyway. So gives me an extra excuse to melt some solder and experiment :wink:

3 Likes

Spring thing

8 Likes

petew petew pew pow pakow petew pew pew.

6 Likes

Lost it when you flipped it upside down. So good.

4 Likes

Lovely! The gift that keeps on giving. Spring reverb*10

This would make a great reverb “tank” :

2 Likes

Another spring thing

4 Likes

All this springs remember me some experiment with my Spring Box, not with modular but Spring Spring

4 Likes

This must be slinky contact mic week on YouTube

8 Likes

" trying desperately to prove it was worth cutting a whole in my guitar " Simon is so much fun to watch .

4 Likes

So to attach the piezo onto the back of this module I should sand the back down to the copper like @ChristianBloch did and solder it on? Just making sure so I don’t screw it up.

3 Likes

I just used a double sided adhesive strip.

1 Like

Okay, so it doesn’t actually need to be on the copper layer then. Does the sound change if it is on the copper for better or worse? Or no different? Do you know?

2 Likes

The “softer” attachment might soften the higher frequencies, maybe. You’ve got two, right? Try both!

4 Likes

I feel it personally picks up better if you scratch off some spots on the back and solder it to it.

3 Likes

But, yeah, electrically, there’s no need. It’s just in order for the solder to adhere to the panel.

3 Likes

I used hot glue and it’s more than sensitive enough.

2 Likes

In guitars it’s important to add either a mass behind the crystal like coins or epoxy putty or simple cardboard between the vibration and the pickup. (business cards are perfect)
Direct contact with a solid object is a very rounded sound but contact directly with a thin or metal piece accents the upper frequency and looses the low end completely. Using a bolt to squeeze the pickup to the plate dramatically alters the response.
Glue sticks it on : done it to many a solid body but with metal and bridges i wedge or tape the pickup in place with a layer of business cards in-between.

3 Likes