Analog Output Mikrokosmos

Actually finished mine today, don’t know why but it kept getting forgotten…

4 Likes

Well, got mine mostly built only to find out I don’t have any board mount 50k potentiometers.

Some are on their way…but I’m a bit impatient. So went with a 20k and taking a bit of a hit on gain. Didn’t have time to dig out my piezo’s yet but plugged in a cigar box guitar and seems to have sufficient gain even with the 20k pot.

Now I really wish I had enough 100k pots to get the splashback finished. Or at least somewhere I could order some from that would get them to me in less than a week.

3 Likes

Amplified parts usually has them in stock and ship quickly.

2 Likes

Oh, forgot about them. Had been looking at them earlier this week. But they’re back ordered on 10k and 100k like pretty much everyone else :frowning:

1 Like

Then there’s Small Bear.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah…Small Bear has them…but over $2 a pot I’d rather wait the three weeks for aliexpress. And Mouser is over $4 each :astonished: Everywhere else is out of stock. Unless I went with the plastic shaft no-threads which I’d rather not do. Just need to be patient since my budget for the month has already been blown enough to pay over $2 a pot for faster.

I did order an extra PT2399 or two so I may just whip up a stripboard single or dual delay with panel mount pots to tide me over. The CBG through the Mikro and MS-20 is entertaining me pretty well…but I’d really like to get a delay on there. Will see what mood strikes me later :wink:

2 Likes

You have a Neutron, right?

1 Like

I do, but I haven’t had much luck patching through the delay - the way some things are connected in there by default always messes me up. Besides, the main reason I bought the extra 2399’s was because I wanted to build something from scratch with them anyway. So gives me an extra excuse to melt some solder and experiment :wink:

3 Likes

Spring thing

8 Likes

petew petew pew pow pakow petew pew pew.

6 Likes

Lost it when you flipped it upside down. So good.

4 Likes

Lovely! The gift that keeps on giving. Spring reverb*10

This would make a great reverb “tank” :

2 Likes

Another spring thing

4 Likes

All this springs remember me some experiment with my Spring Box, not with modular but Spring Spring

4 Likes

This must be slinky contact mic week on YouTube

8 Likes

" trying desperately to prove it was worth cutting a whole in my guitar " Simon is so much fun to watch .

4 Likes

So to attach the piezo onto the back of this module I should sand the back down to the copper like @ChristianBloch did and solder it on? Just making sure so I don’t screw it up.

3 Likes

I just used a double sided adhesive strip.

1 Like