AI006 Stomp Adapter Schematic Help

@Dud that is brilliant! It doesn’t work for me, I also tried to print it because I thought I could read it better, but the numbers got more and more muddy.
This is how it looks for me in normal size!

I think we should also create a kind of thread in which ONLY admins or moderators can post, in which ONLY the pictures of the verified layouts are. Possibly the descriptions or comments of the creators, but no comments, this makes it very confusing.

Merci encore pour la mise en page

1 Like

or make a summary with a list and their link as in this thread

Not sure if you’re reading this on a phone or what, but on my computer @ChristianBloch’s post looks like this

and if I click on the image it blows up to this

and if that’s not good enough I can click on the “download” link at the bottom. That lets me save the image to open in an image viewer and if I zoom in it looks like this

which is… legible.

Though actually I hate having to do that. Used to be after expanding the image in the browser you could right click and select “open image in new tab” and get the full size image in the browser. But now it only opens a thumbnail image in the new tab, smaller even than the thumbnail in the post! So instead I right click on “download” and select “Copy link address”. If I then paste into the browser’s address bar the link is

https://lookmumnocomputer.discourse.group/uploads/short-url/22HSYBM3nBAZV54pegCgaRf4hlM.png?dl=1

and if I then backspace to get rid of “?dl=1” and hit Enter, I get the full size (magnifiable) image in the browser.

5 Likes

Huh, just tried chrome’s zoom on the that popup view, and both + and − makes the image smaller. Wasn’t someone from Discourse hanging out here? If you’re seeing this :grinning:, please add an “open original” link (cf discord), and for bonus points make the popup view zoomable (scrollwheel/2-finger scroll). It’s 2021, after all.

2 Likes

@scossar, but they haven’t been on in about eight months.

1 Like

First of all thanks for the detailed explanation. No, I read it with the PC and before it was really only muddy to see, I even printed it out because I thought I could read it better that way. Right now I tried again and it works as it should - stupid computer !!! BTW i use chrome too

2 Likes

Hi folks, how important are the values ​​of the 10 and 47pF capacitors?

I only have 15 and 41pF there. Will it work with that too?

apparently will work fine… since people seem to be building it with 47pf but on elby’s page about the cgs60, its actually a 470pf (on the schematic) but is 47pf on their boards.
41pf should be fine.
And you should be fine as well on the 15pf.

give it a try? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course I’ll try, it’s actually already finished, just have to wire the sockets and potentiometers. I just wanted to get the “blessing” from an expert :wink: .

THX

Where are you seeing 470 pF? At CGS60 About is a schematic that says 47 pF.

1 Like

ah it wasnt on elby’s it was on sdiy

1 Like

My stomp box adapter doesn’t work :frowning: , the TL012 gets warm, very warm, very quickly :slight_smile:
A mistake has crept in and I have to look again.

2 Likes

seems every time I have had that problem its been a solder bridge on the ic socket .
or being a strip board it could be anywhere .

2 Likes

Isn’t supposed to be a TL071?

1 Like

Yes thats right its a TL071 or an TL072 .

it can’t be one or the other because the pin of TL071 is not the same as the TL072, only a 71 works or equivalent but not a 72.
(except if you make a twin module and redraw the schem for a 72)

4 Likes

I’ll reply to you 28 days later :slight_smile: (in my opinion one of the best movies out there :wink: ) I still haven’t finished the Stomp Adapter. I am currently building my garden shed. And this rough work is not for me at all… I have now bought a TD-3 and a Volca Beats, which I will probably mod next. Now I have 4 volcas, I love these little boxes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve made a version of the stomp box adapter and found that in the original schematic published in the 1st post of this thread C10 is too small to my linking. The value published in Ken Stones Stomp Box also is this small. This low value makes a square wave come out quite distorted. If I feed a square in an bypass the effect, this is what I get at the output:

However, if I change that to 100 uF In the schematic, then the output looks much more like one would hope it would (note, the gain is a bit smaller than 1x):

Keep in mind that the stomp box itself may have input output capacitors which may also change the signal, but at least the stomp box is not distorting the signal.

My version: Stomp-Box-Adapt-O-Matic, a double adapter, looks like this:

I used pin headers and jumpers to make it possible to adapt the attenuation and gain just in case a stomp box needs it.

Note: I added a 9V output to be able to power a stomp box.

You might have seen that the 8pin chip’s marking is not readable. That is because it says TL071 (which is a single opamp) but I found that it is in stead a dual opamp. I bought a batch of 10 a while ago so I marked them not to confuse them with actual single opamps.

3 Likes