AI006 Stomp Adapter Schematic Help

im super looking forward to this one since i screwed mine up somehow lol. yet built a eurorack version a week before…
boggles my mind.

1 Like

make a eurorack case out of em, use em as rail ears :smiley:

1 Like

If only I had a eurorack case…

1 Like

(eventually I’ll haul 'em to an electronics recycling event)

3 Likes

In your case, post to the dumbassery thread, add another item to your pre-order checklist, and get your soldering iron and some wire.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bodge+wires

3 Likes

But of course in synths (at least Kosmo) sleeve is always ground, and to me a schematic is clearer if it has the sleeve connected to a ground symbol than if it has jack ground connected to a ground symbol and sleeve connected to nothing.

2 Likes

Yours is way better than mine for sure. Should be able to use one symbol for every possible configuration of the footprint.

In @fredrik we trust lol

PS I just learned how to quote.

4 Likes

Made my first circuit for this today. Thanks for the layout. Now to hook it up! I tried to compress the layout as much as I could so I could fit two to a board.

7 Likes

I had an idea this morning, and drew up this “pedal station” panel to go along with this circuit. It’s a Kosmo sized panel that will hold a Boss, (or similar sized), pedal so I can tweak its knobs without bending over.

It has holes for 4 1/4 jacks (in, send, return, out) and for the 2 pots. I added a 3rd hold for a bypass switch, since I won’t be able to stomp the heavy stomp switch on the pedal.

My printer is tied up on another job until Wednesday, then I’ll try making one of these.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cb9uMnI4U9kW7fxnmBlVii29hSRHHD1z?usp=sharing

5 Likes

Looks good. I have a similar set up for pedals and thought the following might be useful.

• not all power in the same place
  • make space for Velcro
  • some pedals need inverted power or up to 24v
  • boss pedals are top heavy and can’t sit up

Mine is a plank with a pedal power brick, 2 in 2 out jacks and a strip of Velcro.
Looking forward to seeing your panel.

4 Likes

First prototype needed a few tweaks. I had to make the opening a little taller, and I added a relief for the battery box screw.

4 Likes

Hey ! Finally, are the pots and jacks connected correctly ? I can’t find the answer in “replies”. I’m trying to build this one too and I struggle with this exact part haha. And isn’t it the CGS60 from Ken Stone ? Thanks :slight_smile:

This schematics is drawn in a somewhat unusual way.
First you have to understand that it is build on two PCBs, all from this single schematics.
And they use a label PGND (presumably for Panel-GND), instead of using one of the alternative GND symbols provided by KiCad (or any other EDA).
So, to understand how it works, just image everywhere there is a label PGND, there is a GND symbol.
Then connect the labels POUT with BOUT and PFFX with BFFX.
Now you can get rid of the 3 pin headers at the lower left, which made these connections (POUT, PFFX, PGND).
This gives you something like (I hope I didn’t miss one…) :
AI006

All stomp box adaptors look the same, with only minor differences.
They have an attenuator at the input to send “guitar levels” to the stomp box, then an amp to get the “guitar levels” back to synth levels.

1 Like

lol. i hate this damn schematic.

ok - so ive NEVER gotten a DIY build of this to work.

I ordered a pcb and panel - worked great!

ordered a second to make it as a KOSMO module - didnt work - still cant figure out whats wrong with it.

ive come to terms with the fact that I hate this design. lol

4 Likes

I also built it, didn’t work for me either, but we had both just got started back then if I remember

Cool ! Thanks:) But now I’m wondering how to plug a guitar in it since there’s only one jack on the instrument ? I figured you plug the flaming guitar in “From Fx”.

I made a little drawing of my question. the blue guy is me with a hat.

2 Likes

If you were going to plug a guitar in you wouldn’t need an adapter. Guitar signals are like 10times weaker than synth so the pedals are made to expect that. The adapter is so you can use pedals designed for guitar levels for your synth

1 Like

so I only need an amplifier ? I thought the adapter was also an amplifier…

That’s not the goal of this…
It is meant to use a stomp-box as an effect for your synth, like this :
plugin-it-in

This said, you may be able to use it as a guitar input, like you have drawn it, but you don’t need to plug anything in the FromSynth jack, that will just spill out of the unconnected ToFx Jack :slight_smile:

2 Likes