found it
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/samtec-inc/TSM-110-01-T-SV/6691889

2 Likes

Todd,

Even got it in Mouser!

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Samtec/TSM-110-01-T-SV

-Fumu / Esopus

Hello All

Currently building the Keyboard sequencer and have run into a few issues.

the main issue at the moment is the the merge mode. Rows 1 + 2 work perfectly independently but when moved to the merge output the second row sounds like its winding down. We’ve also noticed that the led that shows when the second row is being used is notably dimmer that the one above. We have check that part of the circuit and replaced the 4066 chip but with no change.

Does anyone have any ideas, I have attached a video that should depict the issue

Cheers
Joe

Hey @lookmumnocomputer 2001 Sequencer BOM says Qty 1 for SPDT SWITCH (ON)-OFF-(ON), but there is 2 … (SW10,SW11)

thanks

1 Like

hey @Joeroeb very sorry I missed your comment. let me look at me notes, it happened to me on a previous version, I swapped the 4066 and it worked. which 4066 are you using potentially there is a gate threshold im not taking into account regarding the type of 4066 to use. im using CD4066BE which is probably the most common to get hold of which are you using? ill keep thinking also. the 2 4066’s you used definitely working right?

1 Like

thanks @Riggidyboo its now fixed

Right ok bit of a modification, I will add this to the website as I think its worth for everyone to do so.
Swap R58 (its the resistor right in the middle of D41,D40,D36,D35.) swap that with a 1k resistor. Your 4066 is not getting enough gate voltage to trigger it over fully.

3 Likes

also I should add thats a cool effect hahahaha, maybe make a switch between 10k and 1k for some Spectrum Style Drops hah

1 Like

Absolutely, even though it wasn’t working quite as id hoped i was impressed with the noises it was making,

Thanks for the Suggestions i will give them a go

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

@lookmumnocomputer Cheers for that suggestion it worked beautifully,

Another issue we’re having is one rather like the problem you had on one of the prototypes on your patreon where the leds were flashing when you had you finger held on a key whilst the clock was running through it.

Any suggestions for this?

Many thanks
Joe

1 Like

For anyone curious about the female low profile header, here it is next to a normal one.

Male one is on back order.

2 Likes

also! it goes saying normal size does work however it bulges it all a little bit, low profile keeps it all flush!

thats the code! will be sorted in next few days im just working through it :slight_smile:

Looks like the non SMD right angle headers I bought work fine.

Pop out every other pin and reinsert in alternating directions, then cut the bottom length in half. For the standard female header, a quick bit of sanding removes the extra height.

8 Likes

Oh, I’m too late, it’s out of stock. Will it be available again @lookmumnocomputer ?

2 Likes

Also toooooo late!!!

@lookmumnocomputer - any plans to re-stock?!

2 Likes

I’d love to know how many people are buying these things. I end up assuming it’s just the forum regulars, but it’d be so very awesome if it turns out there are thousands and thousands of Kosmo machines all over the world…

7 Likes

Black Death,

The assimilation is already happening. You will be sequenced. Desyncing is futile.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

haha alas not thousands! imagine haha. the first batch of sequencers was small. about 20ish so that’s what went out, I did it incase there was anything that slipped the net I wasn’t confident in getting a bigger amount. but I have more here now. I need to restock them I was away this weekend and today is tele tubby meltdown I hope to have them packed and back in stock by end of the week with the other out of stock thingies. hope thats ok!

7 Likes