#2000 Megadrone

as of 9/1/20 the usd for the set is $55, is that correct because b4 it was $47

has the exchange rate changed?

It was GBP 35 when posted, later changed to GBP 40 as mentioned here:

4 Likes

I am in for a scrTCHED 10 SET YES INDEED is that the panel and pcb together set .

I just looked at the store listing today and was gonna buy 3 and saw the price raised, I am in for 10 set scratched if he can sell that lot to me .

hey ! I just got your email I think! im waiting to see a couple of functioning ones to show up! I know they work and what not. but just to be safe id rather see a couple out there before I offer out the packs of 10. hope that makes sense. I said to @endlessnoisecrime about building the first one they have before getting 10. it’ll be much less as ill be posting em out myself. so ill plop em in a box with bubblewrap and what not. so less stuff to cover, just the boring stuff like VAT and what not I gotta take into consideration (which I always forget and then get a shock ha). So will be a chunk cheaper. just over a third. scratches are pretty small like just brushes that have made a mark on the blacks of the panels. you would laugh at em tbh.

3 Likes

also! rather annoying on both sides is the dollar has dropped quite a lot to the pound in the last month. its the lowest its been all year in wake of the election. since the start of the month, I just typed it in it accounts for about $2 extra.

2 Likes

Gone to China for my FETS, so it could be a while before I get mine done.

1 Like

Mosfets, resistors, LEDs, diodes, and amp just came in. By god that’s a mental amount of tiny plastic bags I now own.

Thinking about going to Mouser for the vertical pots because current ones are going to take a literal month to get here

2 Likes

whenever you feel able to see it happening ,just let me know . Stay healthy and safe . On your yellow o-scope micro usb power , the tip might be smaller than the original that was sent . I have a side by side pic of this problem . Pics attached. The plug on the right is the scopes usb power wire sent with the scope and the one usually people use ison the left ,its the one folks use to charge normal things and their phone like mine

1 Like

aha!±!±!± thats so funny. they design it realise there was a problem! in stead of fixing it it was cheaper and easier to make a funky cable haha love it. not great for me though! as I haven’t got a clue where the fudge mine is!!! I best be on the lookout

3 Likes

Hi there everybody,
new to the forum and cutting my teeth at synth building so to say with this one.
I am basically having a problem sourcing the potentiometers for the project, Sams links for them in the BOM are unfortunately sold out and only of the parts required for this project (/cry).
I have managed to source everything else, mostly from eBay but when it comes to these pots there seems to be a myriad of form factors, pin positions, shaft types and lengths also with and without the threading for mounting to a panel.

I can figure out the form factor from the picture on the site that is out of stock but I am unable to find anything on eBay, Maplin, RS Etc… which has everything that is needed. usually, either I’m finding what looks correct but no threads for panel mount or the shaft is to short.

If anyone knows of somewhere else I can get these I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey! Welcome! It helps if you add your location. In the meantime, take a look through the Cheap Component Search thread.

3 Likes

Alpha 100k linear 9mm pots are unicorns :slight_smile:

From previous messages :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32995902380.html

3 Likes

Ahh I Shall thanks and its Newport SW UK.

1 Like

I made a FAQ post:

Looks like Mouser ($$$) and Small Bear claim to have stock (at least for 100k, I didn’t check 10k).

5 Likes

hey just put up a FAQ category, likewise if you have any ideas how people would like to improve the forum let us know!

5 Likes

If the site software supports it, I’d love a post preview mode so we can see what we’re about to post and make last minute edits.

1 Like

On mobile? Desktop has that…

3 Likes

It’s there on both, but it’s an obscure icon on mobile.

3 Likes