#2000 Megadrone

I have ordered the panel a pcb, but l can`t find the BOM for this module has it been posted?

4 Likes

Not yet. Sam is working on the documentation.
Are you a patreon supporter? if so, he has a couple vids of him building them if I remember right.

3 Likes

Many thanks, l am a patreon, l just wanted to order any parts that l did not have before the panels arrived.

3 Likes

Yay, my drone has shipped!

@lookmumnocomputer I have been having (only slightly) mad thoughts about adding vactrols to each osc’s level control via some flying wires and a 5cm breakout module for the jacks and the vactrols themselves. The idea being that I can tune each of my drones oscillators to a different note within a key and then use VC to fade up the volume on each note from modulation sources, but obviously since this is so new I havent seen any schematics yet and black solder mask PCB’s look all kinds of cool but make following traces a bugger. I am assuming this would work pretty easilly, but any chance of confirmation before I go and order them? Ta!

4 Likes

Shipped too :slight_smile: … this one should be a quick win :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine arrived this morning! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

gah… mine hasnt shipped yet :frowning:
I ordered the record and triple atari punk console at the same time though, will probably ship whenever those are released.

4 Likes

:grinning:

7 Likes

Mine has arrived too! Looks like the individual oscillator level controls are just passive attenuators (if I have read the traces right) so I should be able to pull off my vactol control hack to boot!

5 Likes

mine is here too :slight_smile: sorted ou the knobs, had to steal from my unfinished Baby8

4 Likes

many apologies on the bill of materials! it is now available https://www.lookmumnocomputer.com/projects#/2000-megadrone to come is a video covering the build and things to look out for and also possible modifications. I see mention of the vactrol mod yes I definitely think possible!!! however maybe in an inverse fashion to ground? so it can work in any of the pot throw? how are you planning on doing it?

I hope everybody is happy with the pcb/panel! it was quite the challenge to find a way to pack them. as they are huge!!! and im sure you can see that now. and how big the kilo drone is haha. I have a few packs of B stocks with blemishes and scuffs which im going to be selling in batches of 10. not figured out what for quite yet but please get in touch if you are wanting a larger amount!

9 Likes

Cool, I Sent a message through Patreon: me want Hectodrone :wink:

4 Likes

may well be interested in “limited edition” B-stock :wink:

4 Likes

Just had a look at the BOM for this. If I’m right that there’s 12 B100k pots, and 11 B10k’s, just the pots alone comes to just under £47. Anyone know of any cheaper options for the pots?

2 Likes

You can get way cheaper pots on AliExpress. Like $10 for 100. They don’t mount to the panel, but they work just fine.

2 Likes

I bought these.
2 Likes

thought i had already linked them.

Sam used similar, my Cheap Step Pro, uses them as that has 96 pots

3 Likes

if you go for these pots it does work! however you will need to buy some 40mm m3 bolts (6 of them there are holes for them) to fix the panel to the board, as the above potentiometers dont have fixing bolts. its fine! I designed it to fit both types. 30mm may be a fine length also!

3 Likes

hey endless! im not sure I can find it annoyingly I think I read it then fell off and the Patreon message system is a bit simple I can’t seem to find it! could you fire me an email? lookmumnocomputer aaaah ggeeemaaailldoottttcoooom as I think you were one of the first to inquire! if you let me know which country you reside also

3 Likes

Ah that’s perfect, bought everything else this morning so I’ll order in some m3 nuts and bolts just now. Should have everything for it by this time next week!

4 Likes